winchester sx3 composit

gav05

Any comments good or bad appreciated as it is my first semi auto, I tried one out on some clays a few weeks ago and really got on well I just would like to know if I would be doing the right thing getting one vs any others at the same price range many thanks.

I got one, great gun for a sub grand semi auto. Shot an recycled every load iv put through it from light to heavy.

Wont go far wrong with one mate. There's a thread or 3 or here about SX3s. Perhaps if you look them up, and have a read through, it will give you an insight on what people think of them. Im sure most will be good

DD

Thanks guys that's 5 positive and no negative that's looking like ill be getting one of these then I had someone tell me that before shooting with it I need to strip it down fully clean it and start again as Winchester fill them full of greas for transporting is this true or advisable. Whas that 650 new or second hand?

Thanks guys that's 5 positive and no negative that's looking like ill be getting one of these then I had someone tell me that before shooting with it I need to strip it down fully clean it and start again as Winchester fill them full of greas for transporting is this true or advisable. Whas that 650 new or second hand?

Secondhand from a dealer, you will probably get one for £550- £600 privatly if you look around i would say.

That's all I will use well them and 30g 5s or 7s all 67mm-70mm. could some one please explain the chokes for semi autos as there full I understand improved and modified? And skeet what do I use four pigeon shooting/duck and geese.

I hope I enjoy it I really did when I took a demo out and did the best I have ever done shooting clays hope you enjoy yours Winchester Dave when you get it.

Whilst there is a post about the sx3 I thought I'd ask a question about it; as I am hopefully getting one in the near future: I've noticed that on top of the receiver on some models there a four notches to mount sight systems on, but others do not (for Example some Composite models have them other composite models do Not) How come there is this difference? Are there new and old model sx3's?

No just diffrent models like the game and field have them as far as I know look on winchesters website and sx3 and it will all come clear they do the one I have just orderd with it but I went for the normal option as I don't see the need in putting a scope on a shot gun the only time I can see the need is if you are duck shooting at dusk and want a eluminator or range finder type scope.or red dot but I think they just get in the way and are another thing to get caught up in the hide net.

No just diffrent models like the game and field have them as far as I know look on winchesters website and sx3 and it will all come clear they do the one I have just orderd with it but I went for the normal option as I don't see the need in putting a scope on a shot gun the only time I can see the need is if you are duck shooting at dusk and want a eluminator or range finder type scope.or red dot but I think they just get in the way and are another thing to get caught up in the hide net.

Thank you! :) so if I end up getting one with, or without it's not a 'new' or 'old' model one? It just different variant as such..