A Mixed Bag

Last week was very frustrating with the weather but we did find some birds and they were feeding in the rain so I set up and DB went after bunnies with the dog at the request of the farmer. The birds were coming at a fair rate and I was having some good sport when it all went wrong. In the distance I could hear a weird thumping sound, the next thing that happend was a whole swaithe of birds came over me and disapeared in the distance this was followed by a miltary chopper so low that it had to climb to go over the high tension cables in front of me I stayed in the hide til DB returned over an hour and a half later with zero birds returning so we packed up with a total of twenty nine pigeon and went and watched a guy fishing till dark.

Went out yesterday as they had promised a better day and set up on some clover we had been watching for over four weeks but the farmer would not let us shoot due the the lambs. The grass was to long to decoy as it was wet and the birds do not like to soak themselves when feeding, you can get away with it when its dry. We had pigeons decoys in front and two thawed crows behind on the next field. We ended the day with fifty pigeon and thirty four crows and jackdaws . We at least stayed dry. Ignore the date on the photo my camera it has gone mad for some reason.

April2012006.jpg