Robbing ********

The solution to crime and sentencing is to give the maximum term available, and anyone who gets more than two years gets to serve it in a third world country that we currently support with 'foreign aid' e.g. Pakistan etc. That way we could get something for our money, create a few jobs for them, it'd be half the price and way more than twice the value while freeing up enough prison places to accommodate the illegal immigrants that are currently released without penalty while deportation proceedures are completed. Simples.

It is very upsetting having personal things like that taken but let's not go overboard here.

When you've worked hard and had many things stolen (costing several thousand pounds) you can start to think differently.

It's obvious that the current system doesn't work, as on the rare occasion anybody gets caught they get told off, then told off when they get caught again, community service (that's a sick joke), and if they really try hard they end up in prison with a TV, 3 meals a day and a nice roof over their head.

These scum-bags don't change (not that we do enough to try to rehabilitate them), they have no morals and are of no use to society, I think chopping off a hand for the first offence seems like a good idea, with punishments progressing from there. Also, prison should be a horrible experience that leaves even the toughest, hardest people quaking at the thought of being sent there.

The only issue with punishments such as chopping off hands, hanging etc is that the police frequently get the wrong person, both accidentally and deliberately.

When you've worked hard and had many things stolen (costing several thousand pounds) you can start to think differently.

It isn't just the monetary value that is infuriating (although having had about 7 grands worth of stuff nicked last Saturday night I'm not happy about that) but the callous indifference shown to the victims, particularly when they are vulnerable. In some instances, particularly when it involves old people living alone, their lives are changed forever and where prior to the theft they may have been self sufficient, confident individuals they can lose all that. A human would have some degree of remorse for causing that anguish to other innocent victims, these thugs feel none!!

As you mentioned further down your post the sort of "people" who commit these crimes are not going to be deterred by the sort of soft prison sentences the might get, they are 100% evil and doing this is a lifestyle choice for them. They will NEVER be of any benefit to society, they are not redeemable, just parasitic scum that need to be eradicated.

The police know where they are but for some strange reason, despite public pressure, they refuse to get involved yet if you or I don't have our car taxed it is a nick.

It has to change and change soon.

I'm not normally one to condone or encourage violence but in cases like this if and when the culprits get caught (Highly unlikely unless they are actually caught in the act) the really deserve their hands chopping off, they deserve a damned good kicking, it is the only language they are likely to understand!

The sort of people who do this sort of thing obviously have no respect for other people or other people's property so why in heavens name should we show the slightest bit of respect for them!

Tut,tut ,Frenchieboy .Thats a some what archaic attitude to wards the scumbags of this country . I could do a better job with a blow lamp from the feet up wards .

Harnser .

I really feel for the original poster, particularly for the items belonging to his Dad.

I had my car done on the drive the Sunday before last which is the 4th time in 10 years I have been targeted and in total many thousands of pounds out of pocket.

When they are caught (rarely) they get a slap on the wrist, these vermin need dealing with. Bring back borstal and National Service I say.

I have now installed a CCTV system that complies with the courts and the CPS requirements for quality, if they come back they will be on camera. I know it's not a fix but hopefully they will go elsewhere when they see the cameras but the thieving scum need dealing with. If they come back I'll set my Guinea pig Sooty on them ;)

For anyone considering CCTV I will be publishing a guide for DIY installation on shootclay.co.uk.

Jon.

The countries with the best detection rates often have the lower crime rates tha those with the harshest punishments. The failure of the 'bloody code' in the UK and continually high crime rates in the US all suggest that harsh punishment doesn't reduce crime at all. Greater steps also need to be taken to reduce the root causes as well. I think a decent drugs policy in this country would be a good start...

The countries with the best detection rates often have the lower crime rates tha those with the harshest punishments. The failure of the 'bloody code' in the UK and continually high crime rates in the US all suggest that harsh punishment doesn't reduce crime at all. Greater steps also need to be taken to reduce the root causes as well. I think a decent drugs policy in this country would be a good start...

and a decent policy to get people back to work, all very well talking about "making work pay" by taking away benefits, but if people can't find work then what?