first .22lr northern ireland

Iv been thinking about getting a rifle this last week for some rabbit on my permission, i have a. 22 air rifle but would prefer the powder burner. Lol just more fun, the feo did go out and check my permission for the air rifle so hopin they wont need to go again for the rimfire.

Ive been looking about online at the cz thumbhole 16" . 22lr for £450 odd much better than the "local" shops will sell them. About £550 I havnt tried the old can you match the online price yet.

But my question is as this will be my first rifle and the way norn iron fac works with technically needing to buy the rifle first before applying, how would it work with buying from the mainland and shipping to the rfd?

it might be something id need to enquire with the shop about puting deposit down getting a receipt for variation request then if it passes ok then get it shipped to rfd?

Thanks in advance.

A slightly different situation,but, I bought a new air rifle in England a couple of years ago and my RFD over here charged me a £30 handling fee, along with the £35 postage I had to pay to get the gun over here. So really,that could be a big chunk of your £100 saving gone.

Don't be afraid to play hard ball with your local shops,they mightn't move much on the price of the rifle,but if your going to be buying a scope,mounts and maybe a mod,they should be able to do a better deal on the whole package.

If you decide to buy across the water,I'd first make certain that your ground is cleared for rimfire.

Edited by the enigma

they dont clear ground here anymore....its now down to the shooter to make sure the ground is safe for the calibre of weapon we intend to use on it...our responsibility...

the local dealers i find live in fantasy world,,,,,always to dear and every gun is always hardly shot great nick etc...and they hate bringing things in.....best you can do is know the price it can b got for and try to deal in the middle of what he wants you to pay.....

they dont clear ground here anymore....its now down to the shooter to make sure the ground is safe for the calibre of weapon we intend to use on it...our responsibility...

the local dealers i find live in fantasy world,,,,,always to dear and every gun is always hardly shot great nick etc...and they hate bringing things in.....best you can do is know the price it can b got for and try to deal in the middle of what he wants you to pay.....

I didnt think they checked anymore but the police did ring the farmer and went out and walked his land when i applied for my licence, the farmer has his own shotguns so unless they just fancied a leisurly dander about some fields to pass the day?? Lol

Ill maybe go back and try haggle him down a little, altho seeing as my closest rfd hollow farm doesnt really deal with sales of rifles much, he might not mind me getting one sent to him as he gets pretty much all mine and my nephews business for carts n the clays, so would get the rimfire too.

Food for though, thanks for info guys.

E

Its a buyers market here now.

Phone around a few dealers and get a ball park figure then go in and 'flash the cash'/ let them know you're serious about buying here and now, it could surprise you the deal you could get. :good:

It was mccloys id went to yesterday, the fella was quite helpful but i was shocked by the price of some of his stock.

I dont like strong arming people but suppose its the only way to get decent deal somtimes.

E

It was mccloys id went to yesterday, the fella was quite helpful but i was shocked by the price of some of his stock.

I dont like strong arming people but suppose its the only way to get decent deal somtimes.

dearest man in the country lol.get the phone book out and ring round and ask for cash price,as rich said it will surprise you.plenty of good secondhand stuff sitting about too

and heres how u deal with him........eunuan "catch yourself on keep tapin that calculator cause i can buy it from england for,,,,"...followed buy deal or im off,,,,,,,,tends to work,,,,,,defo ring around we have a fair bit of choice over here but know your price and tell them what u will pay....oh and ignore the standard u dont want that and heres what u do want ive just got it in line.......

Mate call up to Maryland. I was up last week and he had a nice CZ with scope and moderator. Think he was looking £350. Scope could do with replacing though. It was a 3-9x40.

Thanks ill maybe try get down this week sometime have a look at it.

iv been told also tannoky are quite rifle orientated, anyone know how are they with there prices?

All being said mccloys new shop is quite nice, gun room is quite impressive as are all his prices, but for the wrong reasons mind,