Modified LED lamping torches.

Dave-G

Well, if you can hang on I have a 3w ir drop in coming from ying tong land in a few weeks, this with the standard aspherical lens and blacked reflector.fingers crossed it'll do the business with the gen 2+ night vision.

Hi will this drop in work with Gen 1+ Add on if so i alread have the ahorton lens and blacked reflector tried it yesterday with a 1 watt ir drop in and i got light close in abot 15 to 20 feet was a bit disapointed

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In all honesty, I don't know. It's coming from deal extreme. Did you try your ir with a standard lens and reflector to see if that improves things?

The 3w drop in is coming from deal extreme so they take about a month to arrive. Your results don't fill me with confidence.

I have three lenses 1st is the Ahorton which with i use as most on here with the red drop in i also have a DX lens and the normal lens which comes with the surefire i will have a play with the 1w IR drop in and see what results i get over the next few days but i was thinkingg digital maybe different to Gen 1 NV any imput would be nice.

I will post my results and let you know.

Ps "good luck with a month for delivery my lens took 3 months talk about snail mail"

In all honesty, I don't know. It's coming from deal extreme. Did you try your ir with a standard lens and reflector to see if that improves things?

The 3w drop in is coming from deal extreme so they take about a month to arrive. Your results don't fill me with confidence.

As stated did a few tests best i can get with a 1w ir drop in is 50yrds thats using a DX lens with a 1w ir drop in no spacers and the reflective housing would like to see what i could get with a 3w but have purchased a night master 800IR not good with DIY

• 3 weeks later...

Which rifle scope were you using in the footage Dave?

Dunno how I missed this, the scope is a 1.75-5x40 AO Jap Tasco. Now replaced with a 6x38 Weaver Classic K.

Fixed mag scope dont focus as well but let in more light because there are less lenses in them - which have coatings optimised for daytime wavelengths rather than night time wavelengths.

The 3w from dx is okay for airgun ranges but not good for rimfire. I'm waiting for my group buy on the lenses to go through before I can gauge the improvements but I think some blokes footage speaks for itself.

Sure, I could blast the picture with it light with something like the nm800 but that kind of defeats the object.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought lenses of him last year,he did take a while to get back in touch though. He doesn't do the spacer kits just the lens

Lovely. Thanks for reply mate. He seems to be only UK seller. Have had look and can't find anywhere.

I did order one from us bur been weeks and no sign.

Lovely. Thanks for reply mate. He seems to be only UK seller. Have had look and can't find anywhere.

I did order one from us bur been weeks and no sign.

I think I put an order in then he sent me a Paypal address to pay,the price included Paypal fee's. I got them the following week. There's someone on uk-night-vision-site putting a group buy together I think, have a look there.

Edited by roughcoat

It's still not as tight as the Ahorton lens though is it? By the way, Nial, if you are reading this your lens kit has arrived.

I put my little spotter together, an Ahorton lens and kit with a custom red xpe emitter running at almost three times the specified wattage, all I can say is wow! A 300 yard range with eye shine detectable a little further still, easy to shoot quarry out to 200 yards if you wanted to, all for the total cost of £70 and it fits in a trouser pocket unlike the nm800. Frankly, I'm really pleased and owe Some Bloke thanks for the original posting.

I've also used the Olson black IR with the ahorton lens and its light is comparable to the ns200 on full setting but a much tighter, focused beam. I still have some playing around to do but with a watec camera the results from this little lens/torch combo are even better than using the ns200.

It's still not as tight as the Ahorton lens though is it? By the way, Nial, if you are reading this your lens kit has arrived.

I put my little spotter together, an Ahorton lens and kit with a custom red xpe emitter running at almost three times the specified wattage, all I can say is wow! A 300 yard range with eye shine detectable a little further still, easy to shoot quarry out to 200 yards if you wanted to, all for the total cost of £70 and it fits in a trouser pocket unlike the nm800. Frankly, I'm really pleased and owe Some Bloke thanks for the original posting.

I've also used the Olson black IR with the ahorton lens and its light is comparable to the ns200 on full setting but a much tighter, focused beam. I still have some playing around to do but with a watec camera the results from this little lens/torch combo are even better than using the ns200.

Nope - not as tight or bright as the Ahorton for those who can afford the extra punch. After all this time and having messed about customising alternative torches, the 501B's still live permanently attached to all of my rifles because they are so compact and lightweight, and I can swap the drop-ins around as needed in the dark with no tools.