Happy Fathers Day

pavman

We had a fishing trip planned for fathers day, high winds means that was never going to happen. I thought that was it but no, the family had organised me a fall back, a days crow shooting with Anglian Sporting who I had not been out with for quite some time. They where running a father and son shooting day, sadly my lads could not make it but two others where out and we all met up later.

I arrived to find my hide erected and deeks laid out all I had to do was start shooting. The venue was a Suffolk pig farm where large numbers of Black stuff congregate for easy pickings.

I started with steel shot and quickly wished I had not they where not killing clean and my ratio was something like 4 to 1. A quick call to my guide and I was soon on some Hull lead loads the difference was immediate. Clean kills and seldom need for a 2nd round to finish the job.

The birds came steady and by the time I was collected and taken to a local pub for lunch (all part of the deal) I had around 60 birds A lad Charlie and his boy had about 40 and Wil and his about the same so all where very happy.

After lunch the birds came on a steady flight line and I stopped once I was sure I had made my 100 and was half packed up by the time the guide got to me to call an end to the day.

A very happy pavman :good:

tonofblacks.jpg

Edited by pavman

Nice one Dan,

I got a 'phone call from son, except he lost his mobile phone signal halfway through the conversation, and a hurried email from 'honorary' daughter who was at work and hadn't got her mobile with her!

Then mowed the lawns, strimmed the long grass along the drive, carried it all to the heap, walked Merlyn, and went foxing.

Sat out for 4 hours watching the largest concentration of hares I have ever seen but never saw Charlie.

Some how I think you got the better day.

Good bag there :) remember to add them to the corvid tally

Pykie

I dont think these PW tallys are helpful they give away to much information to Anti and the like, anyone wishing to point a finger need only refer to such postings they dont need to snoop about as people on here offer it up freely. Posting about a particular session is great its nice to share some success or even discuss a duff one. Making it into a format that shows numbers killed and areas is to my mind just plain stupid and its more likely to come from less experienced folk or them that has never faced Anti in the flesh.

I presume we don’t go about shouting out our bank balance so we can judge ourselves against others so quite why we feel we the need to put up tallys about matters that are best kept private I don’t know.

Just my own thoughts but its an area of PW I don’t particularly like