£300 quid scope

finreid

£300 quid to spend on a scope for my .17hmr, what would you choose? ideally something x50/ x56 with IR and variable magnifcation. not fazed about parallax!

cheers guys

Nikon do some nice scopes prostaff and monarch are good ranges and should do something in that range :good:

I've got a couple of scopes for sale if your interested. The first is a Leupold vx1 4-12x40, Matt black with duplex ret. 4" sunshade, butler creek covers and mounts £240 posted.

The second scope is a hawke sidewinder 6-24x56 ir mildot, 30mm tube. Absolutely mint, comes with everything as new. I want £210 for that posted.

Pm if interested.

Regards, Phil

£300 quid to spend on a scope for my .17hmr, what would you choose? ideally something x50/ x56 with IR and variable magnifcation. not fazed about parallax!

cheers guys

I would personally avoid the IR and just buy a good scope. It then depends on what you want it to do. For a mini varminter i should get a VX3 Leopold with target turrets second hand if just a point and shoot walk about gun any quality 3-9 x 40 or a s/hand S+bender 6x 42 or 8x 56 hungarian. Scopes over 12x mag realy need an adjustable paralax

Funnily enough, for reasons of moving house, I now have to sell most of my guns and equipment, and I recently bought a Hawke Sidewinder HK4008 with SR6 reticule for just over £300 and a £20 set of mounts. Mint condition, used about 3 times - make me a reasonable offer! If you are interested I can get you some photos - but I chose it for many reasons (took about 3 months to decide) - full info here.

I'm not biased or anything but its an amazing scope, and with the software you can download from the site here, putting in all your ammunition and rangefinding details, you can get a printout of your reticule with all the different ranges for the various crosshairs!! That really satisfied my inner nerd .... also using the sidewheel you can get a fairly accurate range without too much trouble as well.

Let me know anyway - on here or PM me.