witch gun to choose (help)

mr williamson

After being a keen air gunner from the age of 11 i stoped airgunning in 2010 and started shooting with a shot gun, game and decoying mainly. Im pretty tired of shotguns now price of carts ect ect. Im looking to get back into airgunning where the passion for shooting started. Iv had many airguns including theoben fennman pro sport tx200. Hw 90 80 95 and others. Im not a fan of pcp's had a couple but not for me. Id love a air arms pro elite bit there hard to find. Im stuck for choice please help.

what would you buy given the choice.

regards

Given your situation and what you already tried, I'd buy a hatsan any really shoot it four maybe five times weigh it in and go back to shotguns lol.

On a more serious note what about a Diana side lever if your purse would stretch that far, nine never could although I would love to own one some day.

Karpman

Given your situation and what you already tried, I'd buy a hatsan any really shoot it four maybe five times weigh it in and go back to shotguns lol.

On a more serious note what about a Diana side lever if your purse would stretch that far, nine never could although I would love to own one some day.

Karpman

I have a Diana 52 side lever on FAC. A fun gun. :good:

Pity you are the wrong side of the country otherwise you could have come round for a play. :yes:

always the way lol, if I'm ever down your way may just take you up on that offer lol!

Now if these kids would just become self dependant I could free up some cash and treat my self to the air gun of kings. Diana all the way for me trying to stay on topic lol

Karpman

There`s two TX 200 on gun watch today and there was a theoben fennman on gun watch last week for £250. :good:

Have a look on GUNSTAR or GUN TRADER there`s been a few good Rifles on there. :good:

There`s been an HW 57 on there for £150 nice light fixed Barrel springer. :good:

Your choice is vast really its what you fancy and what your using it for Hunting or FT. ???

HW 57

HW 77

HW 97

HW 80

BSA superstar

Any Theoben

Have a look at Hatsans web site they do a lot of very good springers and PCP all with Walther Barrels. I have an AT 44 PCP and its Brilliant. :yes:

Another oddball is the new Air force one under lever fixed Barrel a lot like an HW77 but with a fantastic looking stock and the reviews are very good. :yes:

i after a top end high quality springer that in time should i wish to do so i could put on my fac. supose that limits me to air arms and weihrauch. witch ever gun i get its purely for hunting.

i after a top end high quality springer that in time should i wish to do so i could put on my fac. supose that limits me to air arms and weihrauch. witch ever gun i get its purely for hunting.

Have a look at Hatsans web site most of there springers have to be taken down 8 ftlb for the uk market. :good:

They are designed for around 20 ftlb and most of there guns have an excellent trigger and a Walther Barrel and most can have a Gas ram fitted making them very smooth and very easy to be taken up to FAC.

Have a look at the new Hatsan BT65 its a big beast of a gun. 2x 10 shot mags. air gauge. sling. bi-pod. great reviews.

The two tx200 that are for sale are on GUNSTAR one for £180 and one only a few weeks old £250.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

After being a keen air gunner from the age of 11 i stoped airgunning in 2010 and started shooting with a shot gun, game and decoying mainly. Im pretty tired of shotguns now price of carts ect ect. Im looking to get back into airgunning where the passion for shooting started. Iv had many airguns including theoben fennman pro sport tx200. Hw 90 80 95 and others. Im not a fan of pcp's had a couple but not for me. Id love a air arms pro elite bit there hard to find. Im stuck for choice please help.

what would you buy given the choice.

regards

The TX SR is worth consideration, i shot one cometitively a while ago and they can outshoot many top flight PCP guns of that i assure you. IMO the prosport and the TX are the same gun with a different look and balance, both are potentially as accurate and very, very consistant over the chrono. if they have one issue its that they tend to creep up powerwise. 15 ft lb .22 cal FAC available also. so its down to looks, i preffer the look of the pro-sport personally.

if you want a great break barrel go to Steve Pope and get him to do a full Lazerglide conversion on a s/hand HW80k. mine varies only 4fps over however many shots and has little descernable recoil. It will cost though

i had a tx200 sr it had quite a bulky stock if i remeber rightly but boy it could shoot well. i realy dont no y i sold it, young and dumb i supose lol. ive heard alot about hw80s with the lazerglide jobs done on em. what sort of money are we talking to have that done. and are they as good as they say. Iust admit wheirauch and air arms have always been my favourite air guns. I did have an 80 but some clown put an ox spring in it and it was about as accurate as a potato gun. Lots of power but shot like a pig.

i had a tx200 sr it had quite a bulky stock if i remeber rightly but boy it could shoot well. i realy dont no y i sold it, young and dumb i supose lol. ive heard alot about hw80s with the lazerglide jobs done on em. what sort of money are we talking to have that done. and are they as good as they say. Iust admit wheirauch and air arms have always been my favourite air guns. I did have an 80 but some clown put an ox spring in it and it was about as accurate as a potato gun. Lots of power but shot like a pig.

yes they are, mine is a liitle different from the std conversion but the internals are basically the same. Its in .22 cal and like i say from picking it up out of cabinet and firing as many as you llike it varies only 4 fps - no pcp on the planet can do that. i have had it about 12 years in its current form and it has been back for repair once when the keeper i foolishly loaned it to dropped it in the river and the buttons swelled on drying out. Its not cheap but if you find a std HW80 secondhand and utilise the std stock it should cost less than a decent PCP and all the bottle etc. at 30yds i doubt i could outshoot it with anything with field and target trophy. Cocking is so easy you might think it aint got a spring to compress in there :good: As for Price you need to ask the man

Iv not realy fussed about the price now lol. From what you have told me it sounds fantastic i bet the keeperwasnt your favourite bloke at the time ha ha. Im pleased i spoke to you because iv always been told break barels wernt v accurate but thats put that rumour to bed lol.

have you ever shot a pro elite?

You say that you might go FAC have you had a look at a BSA super 10 or R10. 10 shot mags and the Air or shots are Regulated. :good:

Deadly accurate over 200 shots per fill and can be taken up to 30 ftlb at a small cost its just an adjustment of the regulator and the air transfer port. :good:

Ho and a brake Barrel is never going to be has accurate as a fixed Barrel thats why HW made the HW 77 HW57 HW97 and BSA made the superstar and goldstar. :good:

Just by the nature of the action braking the Barrel to cock it the Barrel is not going to go back to the exact same position every time its only fractional i know. :hmm:

You will never see a brake Barrel in FT or HFT since the 70s or early 80s when the HW77 came out and BSA came up with the superstar. :yes:

Iv not realy fussed about the price now lol. From what you have told me it sounds fantastic i bet the keeperwasnt your favourite bloke at the time ha ha. Im pleased i spoke to you because iv always been told break barels wernt v accurate but thats put that rumour to bed lol.

have you ever shot a pro elite?

steve alters the lock up so it feels weaker (and is quieter) but performs brilliantly. Any increase in accuraccy in my Lazerglide being on a 77 base could not be descerned on paper let alone on quarry. To be fair in the field and inside dark barns at night nothing beats a break barrel not even mag fed PCP's IMO

Freind of mine thinks pcp will be better for the shooting we will be doing, ratting rabbiting ect ect i can see the benefits of the multi shot pcp's. Woild a pcp make ratting more successfull? And if i did go for a pcp what would you guys recomend im willing to spend around £500 ish new or secondhand. In 177 or 20

Freind of mine thinks pcp will be better for the shooting we will be doing, ratting rabbiting ect ect i can see the benefits of the multi shot pcp's. Woild a pcp make ratting more successfull? And if i did go for a pcp what would you guys recomend im willing to spend around £500 ish new or secondhand. In 177 or 20

Theoben rapid mfr :good::yes: