Rabbits

stet

My wife goes mental when I take rabbits home so I clean them at my dads. My question is how many wives do the same, how many of you clean them in the field and what do you take with you apart from a knife. And final do I need a new wife coz she can cook to save herself!!!.

My wife goes mental when I take rabbits home so I clean them at my dads. My question is how many wives do the same, how many of you clean them in the field and what do you take with you apart from a knife. And final do I need a new wife coz she can cook to save herself!!!.

defo need a new missus mate you should be able to come home from work to find a dinner on the table and be allowed to bring what you want home lol,

mine has just finished the painting and decorating

colin

My wife is a veggie. She goes nuts when I leave bloody handprints on the UPVC door, splatters on the ceiling and bits of kidney and entrails down the washing machine.

I tend to gut in field, but occasionally end up doing a bit of butchering at home. To get more into the freezer I remove head and legs with a cleaver.

sounds like you need a new wife. the three things that need to be in place before i would even contemplate going any further with a woman is mud under the finger nails, red ring around her calfs from the wellys and and a small hump starting to form in her back back from picking potatos, if those three things are in place she is good to go and you will have no problems when it comes to gutting/butchering etc. :yes:

red ring around her calfs from the wellys

you either like em big or her wellies dont fit! :lol:

I have some dedicated "man space". My shed, with a dedicated gutting bench.

Workmate with some plywood on top, two blocks screwed to it to sit rabbits between, stops them slopping all over the place and the bucket sits just in front. hanging hooks are 12" away.

its like a factory!

you either like em big or her wellies dont fit! :lol:

nothing to do with size, just that the wellys are on 24/7.

here is Babby, a 19 year old showing great promise, the hump is coming along great, and she can gut rabbits at the rate of 40 a minute whilst knitting. here in shetland women are still bred for work. if the OP is still looking for a new woman, PM me and i can set you up. :lol: :lol:

post-29954-0-25076600-1340742981.jpg

What is about todays women or men. Are we wimps? I have several guns, PCP's and Shotguns all locked away. Her who must be obeyed thinks i am a big kid and " DOESN'T WANT TO SEE THEM"

She thinks all animals are cute even the rats who i catch in cages and dispatch much to her disaproval.

What happened to all the hard women i used to hear to about who would ring their own rabbit's neck.

My wife is also a lazy and **** cook and she will admit this but the mother inlaw is an excellent cook. I do most of cooking because i enjoy my food.

As i read on hear a few month's ago, quote, " If i die I hope my wife sells my guns for what they are worth and not what i told her they worth".

Sigh and bigger sigh.

Bring a dead rabbit home? Must be joking, i would be homeless. Where does she think meat comes from?

By the way i am 52 missus is 44, not young pups any more. [ She is a beaut tho', so this does help ]

What is about todays women or men. Are we wimps? I have several guns, PCP's and Shotguns all locked away. Her who must be obeyed thinks i am a big kid and " DOESN'T WANT TO SEE THEM"

She thinks all animals are cute even the rats who i catch in cages and dispatch much to her disaproval.

What happened to all the hard women i used to hear to about who would ring their own rabbit's neck.

My wife is also a lazy and **** cook and she will admit this but the mother inlaw is an excellent cook. I do most of cooking because i enjoy my food.

As i read on hear a few month's ago, quote, " If i die I hope my wife sells my guns for what they are worth and not what i told her they worth".

Sigh and bigger sigh.

Bring a dead rabbit home? Must be joking, i would be homeless. Where does she think meat comes from?

By the way i am 52 missus is 44, not young pups any more. [ She is a beaut tho', so this does help ]

here is someone else who is needing a good hard working shetland woman, leave it with me and i will see what i can do :good:

post-29954-0-00289600-1340914392.txt

heres jessy, 22 year old, boiling sheeps intestines. hard working, never complains, guts rabbits at a rate of 42 per minute whilst darning socks. slip me a PM and i can sort you out with a contact number :lol: :lol:

Edited by aister

Paunched in the field, skinned at home. Head and legs off on wooden block outside the back door with a hatchet kept just inside the back door for that purpose. In the winter they get hung up under the eaves till I can sort them out, or in the porch.

Sometimes in summer I haven't time to do those I've shot in the morning before going to work, so to keep the flies off there's often a bundle left on the kitchen floor or on the cooker.

Youngsters that have been hit hard get fed whole to the ferrets after a night in the fridge in the fur to kill tics and fleas.

Sick ferrets have been known to bed down on the living room floor or on the sofa which they find very comfortable.

I'm not married. :good:

sounds like you need a new wife. the three things that need to be in place before i would even contemplate going any further with a woman is mud under the finger nails, red ring around her calfs from the wellys and and a small hump starting to form in her back back from picking potatos, if those three things are in place she is good to go and you will have no problems when it comes to gutting/butchering etc. :yes:

Marry me?

My mrs is fine with guns but dosent understand my "requirement" for so many or more !

She will only eat a little chicken and turkey and a bit of fish, previously she was veggie.

She enjoys haveing a bash at cooking but is no clarisa dixon wright in the kitchen.

She cant see anything being killed and wont allow me to photograph anything ive shot as she says its disrespectfull to my quarry !

I paunch my rabbits in the feild and most go in a freezer for the butcher so she never sees them and doesnt want to ! lol

But she isnt one of the sort into all the shopping hair and make-up, horses and dogs are her passions.

But am happy and know what i can and cant do etc and like wise for here, we both respect each other and compramise which in my mind is what a relationship is all about ! :good: