How to

Sheldon Cooper

Throw it in the stock pot, add loads of port, recurrent jelly and herbs, season it well, throw in loads of nice veggies, boil its nuts off for a few hours as hares quite a tough meat, put into a short rust pie base, put a top on it, cook for about 40 mins,

Hay presto!

I was a chef in my former career, Iv tasted some right ****.. Pies still the best.

Add LOTS of port, and if you can get hold of it, add mince, lamb and pigeon too, gives it more flavour.

boil its nuts off for a few hours as hares quite a tough meat,

I was a chef in my former career,

Marinade the meat in cider overnight (lager and even orange juice would do the trick and if you want to curry it add spices at this stage). That will tenderise the meat nicely and infuse any flavours. Then slow cook it as a stew or casserole or curry for a good few hours. Luvverly and the meat will almost melt in your mouth.

You can even use whats left in a pie and I wasn't a chef in a previous life :good::lol:

Edited by DaveK

Take the hare (back straps and legs), wrap in tin foil with fresh sprigs of rosemary and juniper. It's quite a tough meat, so the trick is in the cooking. This is an age-old method, handed down over the centuries.

Place a pan of water on the middle shelf and add garlic and essence of the lesser spotted snippet (mail order only). Now place two bricks on the top shelf with a gap between them. Place the foiled hare gently between the bricks, nestled softly with room for expansion.

After approximately 40 minutes, remove the foil packet along with the bricks. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Now take the hare wrapped in foil and place in the bin. Eat the bricks!

Edited by huffhuff

Throw it in the stock pot, add loads of port, recurrent jelly and herbs, season it well, throw in loads of nice veggies, boil its nuts off for a few hours as hares quite a tough meat, put into a short rust pie base, put a top on it, cook for about 40 mins,

Hay presto!

I was a chef in my former career, Iv tasted some right ****.. Pies still the best.

Add LOTS of port, and if you can get hold of it, add mince, lamb and pigeon too, gives it more flavour.

Doesnt that leave it tasting slightly metalic?

:shaun: