Chasing the Corvids

I had a text at 08.00 this morning from a farmer who said that he was having a problem with corvids round the farm buildings, so I text him back that I would be shooting this morning. I managed the microwave four frozen crow decoys before the wife found out and set off. When I arrived at 10.00 it was tipping it down so I walked the field at the back of the farm to spook the blakies off. Set up the hide and put out my four decoys in the rain, used my crow call and pulled two straight in to the killing area. I could see the sun was out down the valley and when the rain stopped all the dry birds were taken in and put under canvas bags the keep them dry, these were then used after the rain showers so that I could keep decoying with dry birds. Nearly all the birds had to be called as they were nervous of the farm buildings I suspect that some one else had been shooting previously. I ended the day at 17.00 picking up one hundred and twenty six corvids mainly jackdaws I text the farmer and sent him a picture when I got home and he told me that there was a dead crow in the road so it was 127

July2012.jpg

can you maybe post a pic with you and a day where you shoot about 10 pigeons just so we know your human???????? :lol:

" He Who Dare's Rodney!!!" Over 22 years of shooting I've had those days. I can remember being on a Rape field from dawn to dusk for nine birds. I then realised that find the fligthline and you can shoot all day. Find what they are feeding on and you can shoot them. I met a dairy farmer at a family function once and he invited me down to shoot on his farm. He had no crops, no sheep the keep the grass down and the clover up and I ended the day with one passing crow, when I went back to the farm he said when are you comming back and I said when you've got a problem. never heared from him.

I had a text at 08.00 this morning from a farmer who said that he was having a problem with corvids round the farm buildings, so I text him back that I would be shooting this morning. I managed the microwave four frozen crow decoys before the wife found out and set off. When I arrived at 10.00 it was tipping it down so I walked the field at the back of the farm to spook the blakies off. Set up the hide and put out my four decoys in the rain, used my crow call and pulled two straight in to the killing area. I could see the sun was out down the valley and when the rain stopped all the dry birds were taken in and put under canvas bags the keep them dry, these were then used after the rain showers so that I could keep decoying with dry birds. Nearly all the birds had to be called as they were nervous of the farm buildings I suspect that some one else had been shooting previously. I ended the day at 17.00 picking up one hundred and twenty six corvids mainly jackdaws I text the farmer and sent him a picture when I got home and he told me that there was a dead crow in the road so it was 127

July2012.jpg

theres a lot of dog food there if your dogs got steel teeth well done again :good: :good: