Standing crop cradles(for newbies)

Bluebarrels

Right as in title ,standing crop cradles,this is intended to help newbies out :yes: so if anyone has sensible comments please post :good: i'm not interested in slating/negative posts :no: many thanks BB

These are usefull when shooting over crops such as wheat/barley laid/crops when the crop is pretty tall and standard cradles/decoy pegs just dont get your decoys visible :good: length of canes are 3-4 feet.

For demonstration purposes ive taken the pic's over a short crop so you get the idea :good:

post-16664-0-58277000-1342022544.jpg feeding pigeon

post-16664-0-53481800-1342022603.jpg feeding pigeon

post-16664-0-18999900-1342022642.jpg floating/landing into pattern

post-16664-0-14143300-1342022681.jpg stack together nicely for carrying

post-16664-0-34002300-1342022702.jpg cradle with wing spreader/attach to cane with rubber band for ease of carrying

breakdown of costs;wire coathanger 10p each/bamboo cane 7p each and a squirt of grey primer :good:

The rubber band you can see on each cradle is to secure the cradle to the length of cane,and allows the cradle to be removed so you can use the canes for FB decoys to get the day started :good:

any positive comments welcome :good: i think i might just need to extend the neck spike :hmm: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

do some with longer neck sections, so you can do some head up, shows the white band nicely

JDF

Ive done a few with longer neck sections now :good: i like the v section to sit the head in rather than spiking it,always find the head leans to one side spiking it :good: BB

Very good , the only change I would make would be to position the wings of the landing one pushed further forward so the wing tips are well above the head and angled slightly upward, but thats just personal preference.

Thats how we would also position the wings :good: however i had to get the photo taken quickly,due to heavy rain moving in :lol: BB