Guns for island life

Gimlet

Shotgun - Benelli M2 + Nordic mag extension

Rifle - Does the island have sovereignty and therefore is not bound by UK firearsm laws? And do you get cleaning materials throw in with the ammo?? If not it would be a bolt-action .22lr for me, something that will last like a CZ or Anshutz. If i've got soveriegnty and cleaning materials i'd have a select fire 6.5mm Grendal AR :D

Firstly at only 500 acres with lynx and wolves there aint gonna be much game about :lol: because either of these need many miles to hunt over.

my choice guns would be a simple break action single shot .22 hornet. It wont be easy to break and will harvest anything at appropriate range on the ground. The other would be a 12 bore box lock non eject s/s perhaps a baikal or a utilitarian spanish gun like an AYA yoman. As for the starving Lynx and wolves if i had to kill them they would be gone in the first day or two on 500 acres and i could do it with either of the above. to be fair i would be bored ridgid after 3 days on such a poxy little island so i might like to keep them around for company and something to watch :lol:

Bored! You've only got youreslf, your guns and ammo and basic hand tools. I think we have to draw the line at cleaning kits and spare parts or before we know where we are Pickfords will be turnong up with a landing craft and we'll be back where we started.

If 500 acres is too small to keep you in protein and too boring, I think we can permit half a dozen sheep. Both problems solved! And if all else fails you can take up knitting. :good: (Or pigs if you like. Each to their own.)

Its your island,

why would you have wolves and other predators?

AK47 Dragonov sniper variant and any decent o/u 12g

:shaun:

Ok 500 acres is a bit small for wolves. So I'll belt them over on arrival and turn them into stylish under garments for winter warmth. Some small/medium predators of perhaps Scottish wildcat size might be useful allies if kept in balance.

Bored! You've only got youreslf, your guns and ammo and basic hand tools. I think we have to draw the line at cleaning kits and spare parts or before we know where we are Pickfords will be turnong up with a landing craft and we'll be back where we started.

If 500 acres is too small to keep you in protein and too boring, I think we can permit half a dozen sheep. Both problems solved! And if all else fails you can take up knitting. :good:(Or pigs if you like. Each to their own.)

you mean i have to choose between bacon sandwich and kebab?

A new 7.62 FNFAL/SLR for pig,deer,maintaining sovereignty/ plinking etc ( i Know FN/browning still make it - for the south american market) - wonder if they would do a custom shop version with nice wood furniture ?

A new B25 - some other guns are nice but they are simply not a B25. my current ones 35 years old and still going strong- I could expect a new one to take me to my three score and ten.