FAC from a club

clakk

any thoughts ,id like a cz452 but my current permissions not cleared for fac and has roads either side and public footpaths so this would be an alternative route for FAC till i get a better permission .hows the training etc ,do u get much live firing or is it law/theory based ,an dhow long is your probation cheers for any help clakk

any thoughts ,id like a cz452 but my current permissions not cleared for fac and has roads either side and public footpaths so this would be an alternative route for FAC till i get a better permission .hows the training etc ,do u get much live firing or is it law/theory based ,an dhow long is your probation cheers for any help clakk

Home office rules state the probationary period must be a minimum of 3 months and you have to attend regulary-atleast 6 times.Most clubs will offer an NRA training course which covers safety,marksmanship,ammunition etc etc.Live firing is crucial with teaching probationers so yes you should be shooting every visit.

plenty of live firing I already have an fac so have to do 3 months probation with 8 visits non fac holders 6 months and 15 visits. no charge for using club rifles just pay for ammo which is £3 for 50 .22lr. club sessions are 7pm to 9pm wednesdays and 10am to 12pm sundays once probation period is up you can turn up 24/7.

bset thing for you to do is contact them via website and arrange a visit

plenty of live firing I already have an fac so have to do 3 months probation with 8 visits non fac holders 6 months and 15 visits. no charge for using club rifles just pay for ammo which is £3 for 50 .22lr. club sessions are 7pm to 9pm wednesdays and 10am to 12pm sundays once probation period is up you can turn up 24/7.

bset thing for you to do is contact them via website and arrange a visit

many thanks 4 that do the old 6 /2 2/10 10/6 shift pattern so sundays is ideal will do that sort out wot i need to do with them thanks 4 the information cheers m8 :good: :good:

I have the 452 american you won't go far wrong with one :good:

I have the 452 american you won't go far wrong with one :good:

email sent re waiting list.ref cz452 read very good reviews by several very happy peoples cant wait to be proud owner of 1.cheers for help ladds hopefully wont be waiting 2 long atb clakk :good:

Only fault I have and it's a real pain is it only gets used 4/5 times a week :lol:

you poor man id like 2 or 3 hours without ..........rain every where is wetter than a polaticians handshake round here and when its sunny for ten minutes im at work.glad to here theyre good kit still waiting for a reply on my email about the waiting list .cheers clakk :good:

Whereabouts is Ashby in relation to Derby? - Reason for asking, there is a small friendly club at Uttoxeter (30 mins from Derby), we shoot 1st Saturday of the Month and Tuesday evening during the summer - plus longer range days at various venues.

Google them or PM me if you want more details.

Mike

Whereabouts is Ashby in relation to Derby? - Reason for asking, there is a small friendly club at Uttoxeter (30 mins from Derby), we shoot 1st Saturday of the Month and Tuesday evening during the summer - plus longer range days at various venues.

Google them or PM me if you want more details.

Mike

thanks for the heads up but derby club is actually at twyford near willington not very far at all but uttoxeter is a good hike through burton on trent and out the other side probably 8 miles against 20 to 25 miles but thanks 4 the information .theres a club at swadlincote only 4 miles away and they want a club member to sponser u joining .that is ideal 10 minutes away .but i dont know any1 there to be a sponser so drpc is the soft option the shifts i work mean sunday shooting is ideal for me .atb clakk

have you had a response on the waiting time?

none whatsoever not impressed ,havent acknowledged my email.ps sparkie i know its only 4 target shooting initially but hopefully if me knocking on doors gets me a fac permission i can apply for a variation and put vermins on it.as i stated unfortunatley my shotgun permissions not cleared for rifle shooting theyres a road 1 side and a public footpathath across 3 of the 8 fields .so im happy to kill paper targets and hopefully some nice farmer or horsey owner will want his bunnys dealing with .cheers for the input clakk

I thought I'd bump this rather than start a new thread.

While waiting for the FAC to come through I thought it'd be a nice idea to join a club, my pest control permission is a campsite so quite often shooting is restricted.

Now when applying I've requested 22LR and 17HMR for pest control, I don't think I've put down for target use as it wasn't a thought at the time.

Pardon the pun but have I shot myself in the foot here or will the cert come back to allowing zeroing at an approved range ect?

The FAC has actually been granted and is being delivered next week hopefully, I loath to ask for changes to it the day it arrives.

I'm in W Sussex if that makes any difference.

Edited by Muddy Funker

I thought I'd bump this rather than start a new thread.

While waiting for the FAC to come through I thought it'd be a nice idea to join a club, my pest control permission is a campsite so quite often shooting is restricted.

Now when applying I've requested 22LR and 17HMR for pest control, I don't think I've put down for target use as it wasn't a thought at the time.

Pardon the pun but have I shot myself in the foot here or will the cert come back to allowing zeroing at an approved range ect?

The FAC has actually been granted and is being delivered next week hopefully, I loath to ask for changes to it the day it arrives.

I'm in W Sussex if that makes any difference.

it will come back zeroing at appoved ranges blah blah blah the problem is this doesnt cover you for target shooting and wont be changed until after your probation period at a range

it will come back zeroing at appoved ranges blah blah blah the problem is this doesnt cover you for target shooting and wont be changed until after your probation period at a range

Thanks for the reply,

Where you say it doesn't cover me for target shooting. Would this be from the clubs point of view or the certificates?

What I'm getting at is if the cert says for zeroing at a range ect will i be able to use it as a probationary member at a club?

Thanks.