Range finders?

fulltimeshooter

We use a Leica and its a great piece of kit, works day and night. Some of the cheaper, non-laser ones work on focusing two seperate images, which is fiddly and not too accurate. The really cheap ones rely on focusing on an object of fixed height, like a golf pin, these are completely useless for hunting.

Rob

i use a bushnell cost 150 find it very usefull use it more now that i have HMR,

it is usefull for air guns for static targets when your rabbiting as the trajectory is far more exagerated. but experience can never be given second place. always practice over different ranges to establish POI.

I cant personly see the piont in spending £100s of pounds more on one though IMO

dougy

End of the day...

Air gunning you are looking at 45 yds max....

My favorite is static hunting..............and guess what I do...

My gun is zeroed at 30 paces...........

My LUP (lying up position) is 30 yds from my main rabbit hole...........along a hedge row.........I cut sticks and trim the tops, these are laid out at 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 paces.

Range finders....................yeh right.......by the time you have put it to your eye, put it down, picked up your rifle, put it to your eye......guess what..........your quarry has seen you and done a bunk..

I have the SR12 scope with the range finding reticle...........and I dont use it...........the mill dots are what I am concerned about.........and on the SR12 they work...........with my sticks.....

My sticks are left after each time I am out in the field............and bunny jumps out between them all............but only once................its then got a .22 daystate between the ear and the eye...........its in a pie or given to the girls at work..