275 yard crows

Dougy

Being as its been such a lovely day i thought i would chil out and thin a few crows out.Put a few deeks out see if i could temp a few on the fresh cut fields. Zipped the deeks at 300 yds with a marker magpie at 250. 2 shots for 2 crows. missed 1 as the battery kn the range finder gave up the ghost

pic to follow when i get home :good:

post-2987-0-03219100-1343289428.jpg

Edited by Dougy

I love varminting like that! Such good sport! What where you using? I'm .22-250 tikka m595 with a pes t12 and a schmidt and bender long range 4-16x50 scope with 50gVmax!

How`s the rifle big guy :rolleyes: still bowling over the foxes with It :good:

I love varminting like that! Such good sport! What where you using? I'm .22-250 tikka m595 with a pes t12 and a schmidt and bender long range 4-16x50 scope with 50gVmax!

Sako 75/111. Laminate stock Lowthar Walther Match Barrel, Z6i 5-30x50, nosler 55gr varmint pushed out with 38grn of H380 (strange how it just turned out to like that recipe) Oh! and a S5 Ase Utra :D

Great stuff hitting them at a good range as they do so much damage on wild bird nests and avoid decoy patterns like the plague.

Keep it up!

Will have to wait till next week now, i may take the shot gun too just to start with, but i do like the rifle approach :good::lol:

using ya .17hmr john :lol:

No but its shooting a dream at the mo, there was a chance i could have used that for the same results. :lol: only a small one though :lol:

I dropped a Magpie at just over 300 which i was well impressed with, but had to shift the deeks and pick up (marked in the photo) pretty quick as they came into the field for the bales.

Edited by Dougy

• 2 weeks later...