Olympic opening

utectok

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondered what everyone's views are I think it's pants it's nearly all been multicultural rubbish nearly every person who's had a part a part to play has been black or Asian with exception to the odd musician, the music section was a load of tosh where was the Beatles, spice girls and oasis surely the biggest selling English groups of their decades not particularly Alan of any of them but surely they've collectively done more for English popular music than dizzie rascal and Emily sande who both happen to be black.

I think the most annoying thing for me is the French announcements before the English sorry but who's Olympics is it?

Thought mr bean did ok other than that not too impressed, all a bit disjointed but exactly what I expected.

I REALLY wanted to be made to feel proud by this, but just didn't hit it for me. To top it off, I have a few people from overseas visiting at the moment who have made it over for my 40th ( I know ... I'm old!). Very polite bunch but clearly not getting the cultural references. Given that this is a world stage a bit of a shame really.

Has got a bit better... But the fireworks better be good!

Why is that then you'd have thought Greek?

The original Olympics originated in Greece, hence the Greek team always lead the parade.

The modern Olympics were started by a Frenchman, hence French being the official language.

:good: