Wellie Boots for men with big calfs

b16jus

The only ones I can get in are Muck Boots with the neoprene uppers. Nothing else - even those sold as 'wide' - stand a chance.

Special order from John Norris, my mates calf's are almost 500mil round, I think that is half a metre.

Edited by bakerboy

The only ones I can get in are Muck Boots with the neoprene uppers. Nothing else - even those sold as 'wide' - stand a chance.

coolio will have a look into them

Obviously dependant on budget, but I have the leather lined Le Chameaus which have a extra-wide calf fitting for men.

i love the le chameaus but not seen any in a extra wide fit do you know what model they are ?

Special order from John Norris, my mates calf's are almost 500mil round, I think that is half a metre.

wow thats a big calf lol

i have always had trouble getting boots especially work/safety boots as i have big calfs but the hunter balmorals i had was fine even tucking in a couple of layers too and the new seeland boots from john norris i got are pretty good but not as wide as the hunters.

I have the same problem (19inch calfs as a result of cycling/hiking/rugby). Currently very comfortable in a pair of neoprene Muckboots. The only downside was that these were a little narrow in the foot but, they stretched a little over the first few wears and, now fit like a glove.

Edited by Penfolio

I have 20" calves and had muckboots they stretch to fit but you sweat in them even in winter. Got a pair of agile pacour various they are good but tight round ankles and a right pain to get off even with a boot jack, also just bought a pair of harkila leather stalker boots with a zip up the back and are great best of the ones I haveon offer for half price at the mo online.

Figgy

I'm only 18" and I struggle, can't wear hunter, le chameau and muckboots are too tight in the foot as I've got wide feet with a high in step I've just given up on wellies all together, the cheaper ones seem to fit better but get destroyed in weeks all the walking I do.

Now I just wear my Meindl burmas and stick gaiters on if it's really muddy/wet and try to avoid any puddles that look deep.

I'm only 18" and I struggle, can't wear hunter, le chameau and muckboots are too tight in the foot as I've got wide feet with a high in step I've just given up on wellies all together, the cheaper ones seem to fit better but get destroyed in weeks all the walking I do.

Now I just wear my Meindl burmas and stick gaiters on if it's really muddy/wet and try to avoid any puddles that look deep.

I thought of wearing my walking boots with gaters bit can't get them to fit my calves.

Figgy

I thought of wearing my walking boots with gaters bit can't get them to fit my calves.

Figgy

I struggled with finding gaiters that fit. Try 'Trek Mates' or 'Paramo' branded gaiters. They fit around my tree trunks, they might fit around yours too.