lack of knowledge throughout the shooting community

Tel Time

Its all fun and games isn't it.

right up until the cell door slams behind your **** or your wallet is a couple of grand lighter.

Seriously these newbies on here are letting the community down...again

Did you read the edit i put in that pointed you to the thread that started all this? or did you decide to just throw a prattle in without doing any background work? maybe some of you should take some advice, i wont come visit but i sure as hell would step into your permission's when you lost every right to shoot through lack of knowledge, and that comment about the buck stops with you is spot on, your problem not mine, that's why we will lose.

I take it this was directed at me as i made the buck stops comment.

I was trying to do what you wanted and have a sensible debate,and get your thread moving along,i even partially agreed with you by stating that people need to ask if they are not sure,was that not what you were trying to get people to do?

You can ask anything you want to on this forum,sometimes you may not like the answer, but that is human nature.

I don't think you should sling comments about newbies dragging shooting down,when it is you alone making yourself look foolish,my 18 year old son knows about selling geese,how did he find out,did he ask me,nope at the time i was abroad,so he emailed the local wild fowling association,who gave him good sound solid advice.

No one knows everything,but some do know a lot and will help others,but having a bad attitude and alienating people won't get you very far.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as you are mine, do you know all there is to know about shooting?

never been able to shoot them before magman so i went looking for advice, NE told me canadas were protected at all times, the gen license says otherwise, who do you go to for info when you are after a new quarry, or do you just shoot it and hope thats ok?

Erm shooter's :good:

But after 30 yr's of shooting there is no new quarry :sneaky2:

it may be an arrogant comment to you, but it was a response to a comment made by someone else, see if you can spot it, and when did i say i was an expert? i started this thread to see if any useful comments could be made, the one you made about pointing them at the general license is one of the better ones, climb down a few rungs and use this as a way of educating or helping someone else, did you see charly jacobie get shot down by the fox huggers?

I take it this was directed at me as i made the buck stops comment.

I was trying to do what you wanted and have a sensible debate,and get your thread moving along,i even partially agreed with you by stating that people need to ask if they are not sure,was that not what you were trying to get people to do?

You can ask anything you want to on this forum,sometimes you may not like the answer, but that is human nature.

I don't think you should sling comments about newbies dragging shooting down,when it is you alone making yourself look foolish,my 18 year old son knows about selling geese,how did he find out,did he ask me,nope at the time i was abroad,so he emailed the local wild fowling association,who gave him good sound solid advice

No one knows everything,but some do know a lot and will help others,but having a bad attitude and alienating people won't get you very far.

I meant no disrespect with the buck stops here, i just find it amazing that we have this attitude, some, like your son it seems, have the brains and education, which i attribute to the parents, to go looking for the answers from knowledgeable people, some just go with what they hear in the pub after ten pints, and yes anything can be said on this forum and anything can be taken or interpreted a hundred ways, does not mean it was meant as you take it.

Erm shooter's :good:

But after 30 yr's of shooting there is no new quarry :sneaky2:

Twenty years and still learning, go to canada

Too right, but don't worry, he's hanging himself on his own anyway. :lol:

i would rather hang myself on this forum than hang myself in real life, do you have anything positive to add at all? or are you really just in it for the laugh? i think that the possibility of getting it wrong and being thrown in the nick for 5 to 10 kind of makes it not funny.

I meant no disrespect with the buck stops here, i just find it amazing that we have this attitude, some, like your son it seems, have the brains and education, which i attribute to the parents, to go looking for the answers from knowledgeable people, some just go with what they hear in the pub after ten pints, and yes anything can be said on this forum and anything can be taken or interpreted a hundred ways, does not mean it was meant as you take it.

Not to worry,but i think you have put yourself across a bit wrong,i can see where you are coming from,about 100 ways and none being right,but this is where you have to look at who has given good sensible advice in the past,i have a few mates i wouldn't trust to hold their own d***s.

do you have anything positive to add at all?

Yes indeed I do. I refer you to post no.5 in this very thread. I warned you about the risks of beginning a thread by basically insulting an intelligent and knowledgeable community with the tone of your first post but rather than listen you have taken it all very personally, and this thread has become the very thing I thought it would become. PW is littered with them.

It's like the threads that start 'this forum is going to the dogs...'

No good ever comes of it.

y

Not to worry,but i think you have put yourself across a bit wrong,i can see where you are coming from,about 100 ways and none being right,but this is where you have to look at who has given good sensible advice in the past,i have a few mates i wouldn't trust to hold their own d***s.

It sorts out the real shooters fairly quickly, i have taken loads of people shooting and after safety what comes next? i just needed to draw attention to the fact that we have nothing except our mates to rely on when it comes to what, where, when we can shoot, and how to get that info other than that is quiet vague

to get that info other than that is quiet vague

No it isn't. There are numerous shooting organisations, the FEOs, gun shops, shooting clubs, sporting organisations, wildfowling groups, not to mention forums like this one and many others, where - if you look with the right kind of eyes - you can in fact learn most, if not all, you need to know, or at least know where to find the info.

Yes indeed I do. I refer you to post no.5 in this very thread. I warned you about the risks of beginning a thread by basically insulting an intelligent and knowledgeable community with the tone of your first post but rather than listen you have taken it all very personally, and this thread has become the very thing I thought it would become. PW is littered with them.

It's like the threads that start 'this forum is going to the dogs...'

No good ever comes of it.

who says i was insulting them? you? you have done nothing but attempt insult and derogatory remarks, as you have done on other occasions no doubt, as i said in an earlier post everything can be taken a hundred different ways, your prerogative to take it any way you want..

With a less arrogant, aggressive start this could have been a very constructive and interesting thread. But all you have done is to ruffle the feathers of the many knowledgable and helpful PW members. Take a breath and a step back, then approach the subject a little more calmly, then maybe we can have a sensible debate.

Ok here goes,for the next hour use this thread to ask any question,it doesn't matter if it is something you think is stupid,but you still need advice.

All posters agree to just give advice,not snipe or extract the urine,and at the end if the op wants he can get a mod to delete the thread,lets see if we can help someone with that little question that's been bugging them.

Or we can just carry on :good:

nah, he was better, i haven't slagged off everybody just replied to some very silly comments and some very interesting views, you decide, it just ****** me off when people who wouldn't say boo to a goose quiet readily attack someone over the net, a typed/written word can be taken so many ways, the bible, koran etc and used in whatever way the reading person decides, the digital life is so... sheesh, and retaliation against the unarmed is so satisfying.

So does anyone have anything to discuss with regard to the original, arrogant aggresive post?

Can I shoot a fox with a gat gun?

Sorry, being serious, OK here goes........is swan on the General Licence?

only if your the queen, step back in line that man!

Hey nickbeardo,

the questions may seem irrelevant and childish but now that the testosterone has worn off we can answer some questions.

swan is not on the gen licence in this country, but i bet you some of the newer shooters from other countries have shot them.