177 clean barrel

simon6ppc

Lost me on this one :hmm: Do you mean that after a certain number of shots, the accuracy drops off?

ye pal its lost its accuracy twice now but when i cleaned the barrel it came back bang on, just started doing 4 inch groups at 30 yard, so cleaned it,then spot on again, i just never knew the 177 barrel was that fussy to be honest.

you got a moderator on the rifle? could be crud building up and affecting accuracy? shot in the dark really seems an odd problem, and ill be honest i havent scrubbed out my barrels in years, when i did do it, it didnt help accuracy in any way. Whats the gun and set up? I would not say thats a problem atributed to .177 barrels tbh, what pellets are you using? ive heard that prometheus ones with a plastic bit on the pellet, or those copper coated pellets are ****, so it could be that? let us know!

I have had a ultra from new and NEVER cleaned the barrel and the accuracy is absolutely bang on. Try air arms diablo field as I have a shooting buddy who has a 100 in .177 and he has never cleaned the barrel and his gun is spot on,could be **** in the moderator. Just out of interest which pellets are you using.

cheers Phil

the gun is a sub 12 with a hawk sidewinder scope and i use AA,s 5.52,s in it, it will do tight finger nails at 40 yard with this set up, just that now twice in 6 months its just all of a sudden shot terrible groups.so after cleaning the barrel it came back spot on. trying to put this in a nice way i ave shot 6ppc benchrest for 20 years so i do know about the obvious things that ave been mentioned .ive just had an fac22 for 15 years and ave never cleaned it once,its a mk 1 rappid which still shoots finger nails at 60 yard when i shape my self. so just wanted to ask you guys if your 177,s were the same and had to be a clean barrel to keep it at its best.cheers.....

I have had a ultra from new and NEVER cleaned the barrel and the accuracy is absolutely bang on. Try air arms diablo field as I have a shooting buddy who has a 100 in .177 and he has never cleaned the barrel and his gun is spot on,could be **** in the moderator. Just out of interest which pellets are you using.

cheers Phil

AA,s 5.52,s pal 5.51,s are good just the odd flyer

your barrel hasn't got a problem mate, its just an air rifle barrel being a .......well.....air rifle barrel i suppose.

some are pellet fussy, some aren't. some need cleaning, some dont. mine needs cleaning every 400 or so shots. it lets me know when it needs cleaning because the group size opens up to 5p size @ 30yds instead of ragged 1 hole groups (bench rested)

i've never had a springer that needed the barrel cleaning, but pcp's have all needed doing, some every few hundred and some every few thousand. each barrel is different so you need to count your shots from cleaning until it needs doing again, then you'll know. :good:

your barrel hasn't got a problem mate, its just an air rifle barrel being a .......well.....air rifle barrel i suppose.

some are pellet fussy, some aren't. some need cleaning, some dont. mine needs cleaning every 400 or so shots. it lets me know when it needs cleaning because the group size opens up to 5p size @ 30yds instead of ragged 1 hole groups (bench rested)

i've never had a springer that needed the barrel cleaning, but pcp's have all needed doing, some every few hundred and some every few thousand. each barrel is different so you need to count your shots from cleaning until it needs doing again, then you'll know. :good:

your spot on pal, i think for ragged holes the barrel prob needs cleaning every tin are so of pellets,just when i bought it new i prob put threw it 10 to 15 tins with out a clean thats all and it still shoot good groups.

Hi mate try h&n ftt in it. They hit harder and are far better than air arms I've had some bad tins of as fields and will never go back to them. Just give them a try, oh and there cheaper too.

i ave tried loads of pellets pal when i got the gun, the AA,s did seem the best to be honest, i must ave put 15 even more tins threw it before it lost its accuracy ,but when cleaned the AA,s went back to little bug holes as they say in the world of benchrest,cheers any way