Happy end for a lost dog

rimfire4969

I thought i would share this little story with you people as i find it amazing.

A lady was walking her dog on the sand dunes and heath land that lead down to Perranporth beach behind my place, a 600 acre patch of land that is very popular with walkers. Unfortunitly her 8 year old lurcher got scared by a few other dogs and ran. She searched all that day but did not find her. The next day she came and saw me in reception on the campsite with a poster of the dog which i put up in the window. She also put up 100's of posters in the area.

Forward 12 days later i was getting to the point of phoning the owners to see if the dog had be found so i could remove the poster, i ran the conversation through my head and all i kept thinking was their joy that someone was phoning about there long lost dog only to be disapointed, so i bottled it.

The following day the owner pops into see me. Great news the dog had been found after 10 days. Amazingly it had walked home and was found in their garden one morning waiting at the door. Only about 12 miles, but for a dog that has only ever been driven to this walking spot about 6 times before incredible. It took 10 days, crossed the A30 busiest road in Cornwall, through or around a few villages and hamlets avoiding everyone and everything not even one sighting reported, i guess it caught a rabbit or 2. Its home not rural but in the City centre of Truro, not a big city but as big as we have down here.

How it done it i don't know but fantastic news for the family and the dog who was a bit under weight and tired but none the worse for wear.

That is good news I have seen lost dogs when I have been out with my dog the problem is most of the time they will not come close enough so that you can look and see if they have a tag on there colour with an address or phone number so that in the end you just have to hope that they get home but it is nice to hear of a happy ending.