You couldn't make it up!

Pike

Just had to tell you folk!

I have just been down to our tree surgeons to scrounge a cup of chain oil and was asking what they are up to on the streets of our greater London Borough at the moment - the reply nearly knocked me backwards

"We have spent the last two weeks 'de-fruiting' ornamental trees because people keep complaining about them - next week we are taking all the conkers off the Chestnuts to stop kids throwing sticks up into the trees!" :);) :o in equal amounts

What is this world coming to?!?!?

bloody madness it is - my kids are not allowed to even play conkers at school now - they don't have harvest festival anymore either - bloody week of divali sure but forget anything traditional and english - does my nut it does. At some point there will be a backlash and i'll be there with the best of em B)

Could not agree more the trouble is the backlash is to long in coming :good:

Well Colin, you've come out with some ***** before, but this just about clinches your place in a##hole land.

I thought your posts were becoming more tempered and thoughtful but this is beyond the pale.

Its against rules to swear on PW.

If its a crock then explain how the country, in forty years has gone from being the most respected in the world to the biggest joke?

Who looked after it during that period?

Well one reason is that the great unwashed all bought (and still buy) cheap imported goods instead of buying British. This caused disastrous instability of the economy which, in turn, caused the loss of the majority of the large industries that kept the country afloat. Have you got a Japanese television or CD player?

Well Colin, you've come out with some ***** before, but this just about clinches your place in a##hole land.

I thought your posts were becoming more tempered and thoughtful but this is beyond the pale.

Its against rules to swear on PW.

If its a crock then explain how the country, in fourty years has gone from being the most respected in the world to the biggest joke?

Who looked after it during that period?

if your talking about me, then i would take that back, becouse i was NOT refering to your post, i didnt even read it :good:

You talking to me?

You talking to me?

You talking to me?

Then who the hell else are you talking to?

You talking to me? Well, I'm the only one here.

P.S.

I have just read Colin's monologue. I was rather impressed with it. His writing has come on leaps and bounds since he first started posting here.

P.P.S

Incidentally, where has Colin's monologue gone to?

Well one reason is that the great unwashed all bought (and still buy) cheap imported goods instead of buying British. This caused disastrous instability of the economy which, in turn, caused the loss of the majority of the large industries that kept the country afloat. Have you got a Japanese television or CD player?

Sorry to but in here PO3 but that picture of your rifle doesnt look like a B.S.A. it sure looks like it might be foreign.. :good:

cheers sean

Nope it ain't BSA it's Logun, and I have a Japanese tv and car etc, etc. My point was, that it is not only the indolence of the 40+ generation that caused the alleged downfall of our country but many many factors. We are known as "The Mongrel Nation" now we are just a bit more mongrel than before. Temperance and co-operation are the key to a brighter future not violence (and not Gordon Brown :good: ). I have seen the horrors of war and the last thing I would wish is for it to come to our shores on a larger level than it already is. Sorry to get maudlin' but until you've truly seen what man is capable of it's easy to be flippant.