Beggars Belief in the UK

Matty7247

I saw that yesterday - the bloke is about as British as you can get, born to British parents in a British colony...and they try to deport him...what a joke.

"you are a one legged, Muslim lesbian suicide bomber with 6 children you say? Welcome to the UK, have a council house, a motability car and £5k a months in benefits"

"you are offended by British people eating bacon sandwiches and wearing union jack t-shirts?"

"I am awfully sorry, we will ban bacon immediately and ensure no flags are displayed which may offend you"

Yeah, i was a little taken aback whn i read the article. It does seem that the PC briagade have finally lost their marbles. I do hope that, as well as all the British troops that are willing to lay down their lives, dont have to go through this joke.

Such a sad state the countrys in.

Bloody Journalists.

It’s a fact that the newspapers can write stories quicker than the wheels of bureaucracy can turn.

This bloke is never going to get deported.

He just needs to go into an office somewhere, have a bit of a chat to a civil servant and it’ll all get sorted out.

He left the UK and got an Ausi passport.

Now he wants to come back and he needs to jump through a few hoops and wait for some forms to get signed.

That’s just the way life works.

If one wanted to be hard hearted they could wonder if he should have read his documentation more thoroughly when he left the UK for Australia.

One could question why he thinks he should be allowed back to the UK now, or why he wants to.

If he wasn’t a 7/7 victim would anyone care?

Sure, he’s got a family history of serving in the military, but he didn’t himself, and he sodded off and left the UK.. not just for a holiday, he actually got an Ausi passport.

Maybe if he’d been more loyal to the UK he wouldn’t be in this situation.

His brother didn’t abandon the UK so has still got his UK passport.

Anyhow, it certainly makes a great story for people to get angry about over their cornflakes.

I think the fact is that he has family ties that date back over 200 years with the country, its not a case of getting angry over cornflakes. If you have read the article, it states that an Imigrant hide a terroist, and after his release from jail, couldnt be deported because off his human rights? Yet a guy who has worked here, and is basically British, born from British Parents, and lived in the UK, So he leaves and moves to Aus, does that mean he shouldnt be allowed back??

Its crazy that Abu Hamza can stay here, and collect our money, yet spout off about how he hates the west, but we can deport him, Due to human rights, so lets pick on the ones who will be easier, makes the stats look good eh.

I’m not sure one should compare Abu Hamza or a Somalian thug with this chap.

They are three very different cases.

Don’t misunderstand me.

I think this chap should be allowed to stay, and I’d be more than happy to see the criminals (either imported or home grown) deported to a small boat in the middle of the Atlantic.

But, I just bloody hate sensationalist journalism masquerading as news.

Edited by Robl

Bloody Journalists.

It’s a fact that the newspapers can write stories quicker than the wheels of bureaucracy can turn.

This bloke is never going to get deported.

He just needs to go into an office somewhere, have a bit of a chat to a civil servant and it’ll all get sorted out.

He left the UK and got an Ausi passport.

Now he wants to come back and he needs to jump through a few hoops and wait for some forms to get signed.

That’s just the way life works.

If one wanted to be hard hearted they could wonder if he should have read his documentation more thoroughly when he left the UK for Australia.

One could question why he thinks he should be allowed back to the UK now, or why he wants to.

If he wasn’t a 7/7 victim would anyone care?

Sure, he’s got a family history of serving in the military, but he didn’t himself, and he sodded off and left the UK.. not just for a holiday, he actually got an Ausi passport.

Maybe if he’d been more loyal to the UK he wouldn’t be in this situation.

His brother didn’t abandon the UK so has still got his UK passport.

Anyhow, it certainly makes a great story for people to get angry about over their cornflakes.

like this bloke you mean.

Last year, Ismail Abdurahman, a Somali convicted of providing a safe house for the would-be 21/7 bomber, Hussain Osman, was excused deportation after serving his prison sentence on the grounds that his human rights would be at risk if he was returned to Somalia

I think the fact is that he has family ties that date back over 200 years with the country, its not a case of getting angry over cornflakes. If you have read the article, it states that an Imigrant hide a terroist, and after his release from jail, couldnt be deported because off his human rights? Yet a guy who has worked here, and is basically British, born from British Parents, and lived in the UK, So he leaves and moves to Aus, does that mean he shouldnt be allowed back??

Its crazy that Abu Hamza can stay here, and collect our money, yet spout off about how he hates the west, but we can deport him, Due to human rights, so lets pick on the ones who will be easier, makes the stats look good eh.

Like all none EU citizens he has to meet the immigration criteria I know a bloke directly descended from William the the bloody conqueror.........Who doesn't hold a UK passport! And to live and work in the UK has to apply for a visa.

Asylum seekers are a different kettle of monkeys.... The idea is sound (we will provide a refuge for those who risk torture etc in their native land) but the rules are complex and we cant send them back to be tortured just like we can't deport citizens who commit crimes here (we tried that before).

The fact he was a 7/7 victim does not give him any more rights than the rest of us.....

Is it me or is the telegraph going very "daily snail"

Edit - Crickey.Lots of quick posts This is in reply to post #8 up there.

Like I said. Different cases.

The Somalian bloke is (probably) claiming some sort of Asylum.

The other chap isn’t claiming asylum and (I’m guessing) still holds an Australian passport and is free to return to Australia where his life won’t be in danger.

I’m not defending the decision.

If I was in charge I’d be kicking the Somalian thug out and wouldn’t give a damn where he went.

I’d also make sure that anyone who’d served a few years in the British Army with good conduct got a UK passport if they wanted one.

But, just because I’m not defending it, it doesn’t mean I don’t understand it.

Edited by Robl

Its like the foreign british servicemen who have fought for us native brits..in iraq/afghan one has a speeding conviction he did 4 yrs in the service and was hoping to get citizenship as most foreign british troops get after there service for the queen...but our government/border numbnuts say no and they/he will be deported....madness.

Check this one out...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2197632/British-woman-born-South-Africa-unable-work-marry-holiday-university-lost-birth-certificate.html

Agree. Anyone who has fought for our country like gurkars etc should be entitled to stay. They have put their life on the line and proved their loyalty. This country has got it all wrong with imagration, getting out of hand. I once asked for directions to earl court when working in London, and needed to ask 4 people before I got someone that could speak English. I was shocked. Another one that angered me was a friend of mine is an army medic, and was working in the nhs on section for a while to gain experiance. She got spat at for walking to work in her NHS uniform (skirt). England is known to be an easy touch.