Me and the ping pong out on sheps on sunday 16.09.12

harrycatcat1

The day started getting out of bed at 01.20 and driving 2 hours to sheps to meet oxfordfowler who lets me tag along with him. He had another PW member with him but I have forgot his site name even though I asked him 5 times I think its an old age thing I cant remember. I will call him Bob.

Anyhow we set off along the sea wall at a pace as oxfordfowlers legs go like a greyhound and the young lad set the pace, after what seemed like an hours walking we went at 90 degrees on to the marsh. I felt like a boil in the bag chicken as it was 12 degrees when we set off at 04.00. After a short walk on the marsh they left me on a bank and set off further over the marsh "to walk back with the tide". Andersons for anyone that knows the area.

Dawn came also oxford and bob made their way back wading off the marsh, sooner them than me. When back on the bank we had chat and look around as there were some duck about but not a lot. Anyhow after a while oxford said that they were going back out to a creek that he had seen some duck landing. I passed on the invitation to go with them as the water would be too deep for my dog to wade through (plus I didnt fancy tiring myself further and becoming a liability) so I said I would leave that area and go on to a bank closer to the car.

On the way back along the sea wall I saw some chaps coming off that I recognised so I walked back to the car park with them. When we got to the car park we had a good laugh and joke between us.

None of us had shot anything but I thoroughly enjoyed my outing with like minded people and cant wait to get back.

a few pcs of the morning

post-16219-0-90935900-1347914259_thumb.jpg

post-16219-0-52225600-1347914289_thumb.jpg

post-16219-0-95967200-1347914313_thumb.jpg

post-16219-0-16387900-1347914334_thumb.jpg

Haha Bob, not far off mate. Hopefully see you again down there soon

Sorry mate I couldn't think for the life of me your screen name, its my age, glad to see you got back off, I don't think I would have made it back to Andersons and ping pong wouldn't have anyway, she only has short legs :good: That bit of a depression off the bank was just over my knees with water when I came off and she had to swim off, she wasn't happy :sad1: Especially when she had a tussle with Steve's springer again they just dont seem to get on. :hmm:

Regards

Hcc

Sorry mate I couldn't think for the life of me your screen name, its my age, glad to see you got back off, I don't think I would have made it back to Andersons and ping pong wouldn't have anyway, she only has short legs :good: That bit of a depression off the bank was just over my knees with water when I came off and she had to swim off, she wasn't happy :sad1: Especially when she had a tussle with Steve's springer again they just dont seem to get on. :hmm:

Regards

Hcc

Is Ping Pong the name of your Thai Bride?

Is Ping Pong the name of your Thai Bride?

Nearly, she is a black patterdale and when I brought her my wife did not approve of my choice of dog so I called her ting tong, the dog not my wife, a year after or so my daughter moved houses next to a chap with a Thai bride so she said I could not come around with the dog shouting ting tong so I called her ping pong from then on. :good:

Nearly, she is a black patterdale and when I brought her my wife did not approve of my choice of dog so I called her ting tong, the dog not my wife, a year after or so my daughter moved houses next to a chap with a Thai bride so she said I could not come around with the dog shouting ting tong so I called her ping pong from then on. :good:

Sounds like "Rimfires" on to something there?.....mentioned a thai-bride then next minute there just happens to be one next door to the daughters?...interesting?...I'll have to have a word with Vic at the depot he usually knows any scandal!!

Sounds like "Rimfires" on to something there?.....mentioned a thai-bride then next minute there just happens to be one next door to the daughters?...interesting?...I'll have to have a word with Vic at the depot he usually knows any scandal!!

Oh so I am glad that you have finally come from under the covers in the caravan with your mate, Vic said I should keep an eye on you and I thought he meant look after you but............... :hmm: