Don't bloomin believe it.

Lord Geordie

Some of the outdoor and camping shops sell emergency dental repair kits including a temporary filler - had to use it myself with a similar situation and my dentist said it was almost as good as the one he did, stopped the pain and got rid of the razor edge..

I had the same thing happen to my back molar last year. It didn't actually hurt much at the time it happened, so i (very stupidly) didn't bother going to the dentist about it until 6 months later, when it actually started becoming extremely painful. By this point it was totally infected and had to be pulled out, which was among the most unpleasant experiences of my life.

Isn't there an emergancy NHS dentist in your area that can sort you out?

When I smashed my front teeth, A & E told me they didn't deal with teeth, I think you get the number from NHS direct.

I phoned them in the morning , they gave me an appoinment the same day and did 3 root canals (no nerve, no pain) as one had the nerve hanging out, I couldn't sleep.

Better than waiting until Monday

I had to take my Son to the emergency dentist and to be honest they butchered his tooth. My Dentist is a good chap and even my Dad changed to his surgery after 35 years of his own dentist. My appointment is 5pm Monday so will just have to live with it till then I guess.

A lot of my friends say their dentist are butchers.

Well I was happy with getting the nerve removed so I wasn't in pain.

It took years of visits to my dentist and and an orthadentist and over £1000 for three smashed teeth.

The dentist said he wanted to see my Dad every six months and he hasn't got a tooth in his head. Money grabbers. He said they are the worst dentures he ever had.