Diy layout blind

Bluebarrels

After watching the latest dvd on crow shooting(chris green) thanks T33 i thought i would knock up a layout blind similar to the one he uses in the dvd :good: sometimes using a normal hide you just can't get near the crows/pigeons,so thought i might give his idea a whirl and see if using a layout blind in the middle of a field brings any luck,think it will be a laugh if nothing else :good: just waiting for the farmer to chop the maize now :good:

post-16664-0-27570000-1348751833_thumb.jpg

used a bivi-bag covered with hessian and rafia (bivi -bag will keep me dry in all weathers)

post-16664-0-78289700-1348751851_thumb.jpg

opened up so you get the idea :good: (nice bit at the top to stuff the bergan and form a nice back/neck support)

post-16664-0-07193900-1348751867_thumb.jpg

And all packed away,weighs less than 3lbs

only clipped the hessian to the bivi-bag to hold it in place,this allows it to be swapped for other nets depending on the situation :good:

only cost me £6 for the raffia,cheapest layout blind i could find on the net was £199 :good: BB

I've been thinking of trying to make the same thing. Some American hunters have a 'coffin' type blind that they lie in, then spring up at the right moment. I've asked my mate in America to find out some prices for me, but I'll probably be stung with import duty/R.Mail fees on top.

Good luck with it.

Steve. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good BB :good: How about a few loops here and there to put some natural/local foliage in so you can use it in different crops/situations? Just a thought.

No need for any loops mate,just remove the hessian throw over,and cover with a cam net to suit the surroundings :good: thats what you like about me mate,ive got all angles covered :good: BB

you will be asleep in no time with that pillow for sure

With the lack of birds around here at the minute swiss.i reckon you could be right :lol: BB