Whats the best way to tackle new permission

dazzyboi

Depends very much on :-

What you have permission to shoot and remove

What kind of equipment you have

When you can go there

If there is anything there

The answer would be a lot different if you were say just after pigeon, as it would be if you were more into shooting rabbits with air guns.

Tell us a bit more about you, what you have access to and what tools you have and we can help ya :good:

The most important thing, is to clearly define your boundaries and any sensitive areas (like footpaths, cattle, School, Church, etc.,).

I am assuming you already know what you are permitted to shoot and what weapons you can use.

If its pigeons you are after, then its worth going to a good vantage point (high is good) and looking around the fields with binoculars.

Just to see where they come from and where they go.

Asking the Farm workers whats about, is also a good idea, once you get to know them.

I am restricted to Air rifle at the moment as i have put in for a re-application of Shotgun certificate, so my tools will be Air rifle and shotgun, by looking at the land i have (this particular land) it seems to be a mixture of both rabbit infestation and of course the pigeons.

They have a maize field but the only pigeons i have spotted so far have been the ones i have disturbed in the tree's. I havnt had a proper look at the maize field as yet thus dont know weather or not its occupied by pigeons..