FAC Air Rifle

dr_nick

I did look into spending silly money, not for me really. I want fair accuracy out to 50 - 55 yrds, at least 28ftlbs and quiet, no louder than my silenced s410.

Price upto 600 for ther gun though less would be better. I am thinking 410 fac (little low on power) or a BSA Hornet which I have read good things about and is regulated (bonus).

So go on what should I go for, (it will be .22 nach)

I did look into spending silly money, not for me really. I want fair accuracy out to 50 - 55 yrds, at least 28ftlbs and quiet, no louder than my silenced s410.

Price upto 600 for ther gun though less would be better. I am thinking 410 fac (little low on power) or a BSA Hornet which I have read good things about and is regulated (bonus).

if you want accuracy, power & consistancy, i'd say career707 .22 carbine(11-35 lbf)

or rapid 7 (11-28lbf)

or go the hog, save the dosh & get a s/h cz452 in .22 rimmy!! silenced!! mmmmmmmmm niiiice..(about £250/300) :drool:

I personally WILL be getting an S410 Xtra. I've spent many hours researching FAC air rifles and taking into account price, power, shots per charge, reliability and of course looks I am of the OPINION that the S410 Xtra is the best FAC rifle currently on the market. I stress that this my own personal opinion and I'm sticking to it :good:

save the dosh & get a s/h cz452 in .22 rimmy!! silenced!! mmmmmmmmm niiiice..(about £250/300) :drool:

Then again the bloke has a point :D

But if i had to choose between a .22lr and an FAc air rifle i would have the lr everytime.

After several thousand rounds of .22lr ammo I decided that this calibre was not suitable for my type of lamping and land where I have permission and returned back to my faithful FAC air rifle .I had the calibre removed and replaced with the .17 hmr :oops:

Dr nick

PO3 has hit the nail on the head if your after value for money but if you have £600 to spend on Rifle only you'll only be getting better looks ...........It'll not perform any better as I've used both my S410 @£465 and a Theoben MKII rapid @£840 :good: (Prices 5 year ago )

50 m they are all deadly and you should be looking around a delivery of around 1000 fps and around 32-35 ft lbs giving at least 30 shots minimum. :oops:

I have the CZ already, and its lots of fun, I do love my air guns though.

I have thought about the s410 extra, but its the lack of a silencer that puts me off.

I Will probably go with a s410 FAC, unless anyone is going to reccomend the Hornet.

I have thought about the s410 extra, but its the lack of a silencer that puts me off.

I Will probably go with a s410 FAC, unless anyone is going to reccomend the Hornet.

I rate the 410extra, cracking rifle and you can turn down the power if you need to for more shots.

If you want to speak to someone on here who's lived with and used one for a long while pm StealthStalker I am sure he'd be happy to tell you how he's found it. It isn't very quiet, but it doesn't seem to matter :good:

s400/s410 extra hi is a brilliant rifle, ive had mine for over 2 years now only had a leak at the pressure gauge,easily sorted. this will put a 22 pellet clean through a rook right out to 60 mts, i have done it and i go for chest shots.i added a theoben silencer shortened the barrel shroud to keep the length down.it made it a good bit quieter too. i would say this is as accurate as it getslook at hft and ft results wheres the theobens i think the other guns are equal and even better than theoben. still living on the back of its reputation from the late 80s early 90s. need to know any more shout me . good luck

It's silenced (Built in )..........The barrel is shrouded with 2 exit holes for the diffused air to escape under the scope and it's the noise of this that gives the operatior the idea that it is a loud rifle ........It's not :good:

Incidently other manufacturers are copying this pioneering design of the shrouded barrel

Must poke my oar in here :good:

been to the MGF this weekend and have been fondling a Daystate Air ranger and the Air wolf and i think i made a mess in my "Y" fronts they are bloody amazing, ive had a R7 now for just over 10 years and to be honest ive been happy with it, its or ive had off days with it but its been a good partner during my bunny bashing outings. BUT i think its served me well over the years and thinking of changing it for a Daystate.

The AA410/310 are very good no dissagrement on that but after seeing and having a go with the Ranger & Wolf i am going to bed shortly and having a good think about one or the other either one will be on ticket hopefully. the triggers on both are superb the electronic Air Wolf is unbelievableyou can programe it to do a range of thinks from counting the shots to changing the power but it is more expensive. at over a grand :oops:

but the Ranger is about £860. Dont know will have to see how much the R7 will fetch.

have to get some over time in Again .

if you like the S410 why not buy a second hand S410 classic and have it running around 24f/lbs. I have seen many FACc air rifles and this one takes some beating, it runs very nicley at 24f/lbs and is more than enough rifle to take out rabbits as far as 75 yards (i have seen it done) it had a TR rob kit inside and gave 30 spot on shots (another 10 were usable). Since its just a stadard S410 you can put on pretty much any silencer you want.

If you want the high power, there really is only two choices, the GUNPOWER STEALTH, or CAREER 707. Both of these have variable power settings and they are the highest power standard air rifle you can get with mods the career can reach powers of 60f/lbs and the stealth similar power. But they can be tweaked to any power in a very short time. but niether of them compare to the S410 for accuracy, though the career is a much higher build quality.

I have seen rapids running around 30 (80 shots) daystate MK3s (30 shots) falcon (25ish+) gunpower stealth (variouse depending on power). RWS rifles, webley rifles (all running at variouse power settings).

just curiouse but why do you need a minimum of 28f/lbs if your only shooting out to 50ish yards? a 28f/lbs rifle will be capable of shooting well in excess of this distance, and still retain enough energy to humanly dispatch any quarry you choose.

ROB :good:

Thanks for all the advice. I have been busy so I have not had a chance to post since.

Lots to think about. s410 or the extra seem like the best idea from what everyone has been saying. Its a shame but I am the only guy at the club interested in air guns! So there is not a lot of opportunity to get experience of other guns.

I am going to Bisley next month, maybe with a wad of cash. :good: