.22lr vs .17 hmr

Jon-Boy

Hi chaps,

thinking of putting in for a variation for a .17, what are the general thoughts from the flo on this one?

Are they considered a more lethal calibre? will i have to have my permission re-evaluated for the use of a .17 if it is already cleared for .22?

Any advice gladly accepted!

Cheers

Jon

Hi chaps,

thinking of putting in for a variation for a .17, what are the general thoughts from the flo on this one?

Are they considered a more lethal calibre? will i have to have my permission re-evaluated for the use of a .17 if it is already cleared for .22?

Any advice gladly accepted!

Cheers

Jon

My flo was quite happy to say yes to 22lr but until he spoke to the landowner and actually walked over the land with me wasnt keen on granting me 17hmr even though the shoot is over 800 acres. I think partly because it was my first application (even though ive got recent previous military experience in an infantry unit) and partly because he see's 17hmr as a gimmicky calibre even though i pointed out about the lack of the chance of a ricochet compared to 22lr :good::good::D

Anyway the final outcome was that he granted me 22lr ,17hmr and shottie but said i had to wait a year to 'gain experience' before granting me .223. different flo's have different ideas :drool:

will just be for bunnies yes, just fancy one because everybody raves about them, plus will be an advantage in the winter months when the bunnies are scarse and want to make the chances of a hit higher with the use of a flatter calibre.

Im already cleared for 2 .22's, dont know if this will make a difference