CROWN SHOOT 12-13

Paul223

Nice vid Phil, i've yet to shoot that end of aleds, they are good birds quite amazing when your beating as you get to see the hight on them, the higher ones must be knocking on 60 yards, bit like the regular birds going over pegs 6 & 7 in the nant!

was that two birds without breaking the gun?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great day, just finished putting my video of the drives I shot together. The hen bird at the end was shot, only just but my dog went and got it.

As Paul said some good high fast birds on the day.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UdbITIMUR4A

Please excuse my language after my double, as you can tell I was a little excited.

Eley VIP extreme game 36g of no 5 by any chance Phil :innocent:

Another great day, just finished putting my video of the drives I shot together. The hen bird at the end was shot, only just but my dog went and got it.

Please excuse my language after my double, as you can tell I was a little excited.

Great shooting there, as Paul said I'm yet to shoot over that side of Aleds too. Nigel had one or two really high birds on the next peg. I look forward to may be picking one there soon.

(forgot to get the camera off you for the Nant double, next time)

Once again another great day, fast high birds and we've sorted the duck woes out with some flags, really happy with the way they flew and the fact they returned even though were on a flooded river system rather than a pond! finished on 49 pheasant, 1 partridge, 1 woodcock and 13 duck

great night in the shoot dinner too, good food and dancing well into the early hours!

Spot on Paul, was on peg 3 for the Duck, , Phil did a great job lifting them, took 3 down myself.

(tasty too, Port and Marmalade Glaze)

Shame on the 6am Sundays start, or I would have joined you all sinking a few in the Crown, sure it was a gooden.

It would appear the head cam shows you as a good shoot, but how many of the cartridges in the bag were yours? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Good shooting though, well done :good: it was a good day.

Don't know if any one has told you mark but your not allowed to make fun of other members until you have served at least 6 months on the site, so get back in your box new boy lol.

Only joking mate the video appears to show me as a good shot because that's exactually what I am. May be one day mark you may get the hang of it.

Think I missed 2 shots all day *** 3 but I think it was 2.

See you on the weekend

Don't know if any one has told you mark but your not allowed to make fun of other members until you have served at least 6 months on the site, so get back in your box new boy lol.

Only joking mate the video appears to show me as a good shot because that's exactually what I am. May be one day mark you may get the hang of it.

Think I missed 2 shots all day *** 3 but I think it was 2.

See you on the weekend

Steady on mate or you will need a new strap for your strap-on, as your head will be getting to big. :lol:

Got to admit, the video is well made, and notice that phillyvision now has 6 shows! well done mate :good:

I'm working this sat, so sadly no home baking this weekend :sad1:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to Tom boys, just come back from an evening flight so got my eye in lol.

Guns cleaned, go pro on charge and ear plugs ready to block out Paul's moaning.

Catch you all tom

so wheres the video of you shooting in the nant? hear your had a good few shoots :whistling:

Well boys another cracking day. Good to meet grass hopper, nice bloke.

So what was the final bag and who won the shots? I shot off at the end.

Didn't shoot at my best today but did get this footage, you can see the shot leaving the gun.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DFbFu6eY6Us

Great video, now I know how much lead to give, I might get better percentages :lol:

Only had 11 shots myself yesterday, as a back gun, but managed to bag a duck kindly picked by Tom's springer. :good:

Shoot captain won the number of shots, as he was the closest with 211 for 214. :big_boss:

Not to sure about the final count as some of the birds were missing, however there were 39 pheasants and 3 ducks laid out for the count, there was at least 7 ducks shot that I remember. :unsure: ???

It was a great day and yet again the weather was on our side, Thank you to everyone! :thanks::drinks:

yeah it has been noted when Rob and I aren't about it all goes to rat ****, failed to count and brace the birds n duck, at least 7 duck in the bag!

we think about 39 and 7 duck and a rat, phil, for 214 shots (and a terrier bite) :good: , and i was out early this morning in that good hard frost carrying bags of feed about whilst you had a lie in ya lazy ****** :whistling:

oh aye, I won the shot count :w00t:

Edited by Paul223

Well I'm now safely back up north,but i would like to thank you all for your hospitality.

Especially Phil for the evening flight and Paul for the lamping afterwards.It was a long day but very enjoyable with a friendly bunch.

Just like to point out that i shot a lot better than Phil did :P especially in the Nant :lol:

Ps i expect you to get the Fox we so painstakingly worked out for you last night..whilst you had your feet up :whistling:

Cheers Rob for chauffeuring me around and arranging it all bud...will repay when you have 2 hands again :lol: