Soldiers to be charged

digger

The Taliban Terrorist in this case was injured and died from his wounds. The men charged with the murder of this man are guilty of nothing more than a failure to act: failure to take action when action is necessary. They refused to give first aid as he had previously been shooting at them and their colleagues.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this not the same as walking down the street and coming across somebody injured. Obviously people would normally tend to help but by law you don't have to. Due to the "where there's blame there's a claim society" that we currently living in we will soon be like America where no body dare help just incase they do something wrong and end up getting sued!

If that is the case then these guys shouldn't get charged for anything!

The Taliban Terrorist in this case was injured and died from his wounds. The men charged with the murder of this man are guilty of nothing more than a failure to act: failure to take action when action is necessary. They refused to give first aid as he had previously been shooting at them and their colleagues.

Link?

Is this not the same as walking down the street and coming across somebody injured. Obviously people would normally tend to help but by law you don't have to. Due to the "where there's blame there's a claim society" that we currently living in we will soon be like America where no body dare help just incase they do something wrong and end up getting sued!

If that is the case then these guys shouldn't get charged for anything!

You should full well know the rules of engagement!!!

Link?

Do a search.

You should full well know the rules of engagement!!!

Do a search.

Well I didn't see any new news stories so I thought we were still at the point where there was an injured insurgent on video. The video stops and he winds up dead. I didn't realise it had been confirmed he died from the existing injures.

Further searching has found nothing that confirms he died from existing injuries.

Edited by guest1957

As far as I remember the rules of engagement are completely different to you having to administer first aid. ROE's cover when you can and cannot shoot legally. Bearing in mind these change all the time and I left in 2009!

I never meant to put rules of engagement, "my bad"

The administering of first aid, prioritising casualtys and dealing with the most sevear first, irraspective of which side they are on, has been in force whilst you were serving..... So you should know this......

Edited by chrispti

I never meant to put rules of engagement, "my bad"

The administering of first aid, prioritising casualtys and dealing with the most sevear first, irraspective of which side they are on, has been in force whilst you were serving..... So you should know this......

And still is the case, Triage ,ie priorotise your casualty T1-T2-T3 and treat accordingly as taught on Matts (Battlefield aide memoire) BB

Even if you engage under the ROE card,and injure rather than kill,you are still expected to administer first aid to the casualty

Edited by Bluebarrels

LOAC... Laws of armed conflict I believe. One of the MATTs these days.

And still is the case, Triage ,ie priorotise your casualty T1-T2-T3 and treat accordingly as taught on Matts (Battlefield aide memoire) BB

Even if you engage under the ROE card,and injure rather than kill,you are still expected to administer first aid to the casualty

Thats the ones, were called ITDs when I was in.

Started as bft, then changed to bpfa, probably called a "turn up if you want to" now.........

It goes between PFA and PFT now mate (personal fitness assessement/test) :good: were on PFA at the minute :good: but it changes frequently,even went through a stage of weighing,measuring height,and measuring waist size , BB

Edited by Bluebarrels