Soldiers to be charged

digger

Apologies for not being able to post the link. According to the BBC web site five marines are to be charged with murder in Afghanistan. In a war, one muppet cites they have the rules of engagement cards in their pockets and should read them if unsure. Seems like a ridiculous decision.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course if it had been the other way around the Taliban would have treated them all with due respect

Reports say the video showed them discussing whether to give him 1st aid and then ended.

Rational thinking goes out of the window in a high stress situation as in War.....

Exactly

And of course if it had been the other way around the Taliban would have treated them all with due respect

Reports say the video showed them discussing whether to give him 1st aid and then ended.

Just because the other side does something doesn't mean the British army should stoop to the same level.

As for you other point. Quote Rational thinking goes out of the window in a high stress situation as in War.

Thats the sort of defence the Nazi-s put up at the nuremberg trials.

Example.

Soldiers of the 2nd Battalion, the, had become isolated from their regiment. They occupied and defended a farmhouse against an attack by Waffen-SS forces in the village of Le Paradi.s After running out of ammunition, the defenders surrendered to the German troops. The Germans led them across the road to a wall, and machine-gunned them. Ninety-seven British troops died. Two survived, with injuries, and hid until they were captured by German forces several days later.

After the war, Fritz Knöchlein was located, tried and convicted by a war crimes court, with the two survivors acting as witnesses against

Edited by ordnance

Just because the other side does something doesn't mean the British army should stoop to the same level.

As for you other point. Quote Rational thinking goes out of the window in a high stress situation as in War.

Oh for gods sake...armchair bloody warriors, you make me sick,

The winner in any war writes the rules and history....

Edited by Sprackles

Our army have "rules of engagement" the taliban do not. They try to kill our and other coalition soldiers any way any time they can. Maybe this is one of the reasons why so many of our and other countries boys are being killed on a weekly basis!!!!!!

Do any of you think the taliban will ever stop until they have what they want regardless of how many and whose lives are lost. What they want is to return Afghanistan to middle age sharia law and if given the chance the rest of the world. They don't try to do it without their moderrn weapons however.

And if that means shooting a 14 year girl in the head because she defends the right of girls to be educated then...... En Shallah

We now have "green on blue" attacks where a radical joins the Afghan police or army and when the opportunity arises empties an AK49 mag into a bunch of coalition troops..

How would any of you react ????

Make that AK47

Edited by Sha Bu Le

Remind me why our troops are there in the first place?

Terrorist threat? More chance of dying in police custody than at the hands of a terrorist.

To change hearts and minds? Yeah killing and maiming women and children achieves that!

I resent my taxes being spent on this nonsensical war and Bliar should be on trial.

These Marines know the rules, but probably break them routinely, They got caught because someone kept the camera rolling and worse, left it on their laptop.

I'm an armchair pacifist.

Apologies for not being able to post the link. According to the BBC web site five marines are to be charged with murder in Afghanistan. In a war, one muppet cites they have the rules of engagement cards in their pockets and should read them if unsure. Seems like a ridiculous decision.

Yes Jsp398A (rules of engagement card) issued to all troops who carry firearms on active duty or guarding/security ops,they are a set of guidelines to operate within to keep you on the correct side of the law,if your in a situation to carry the card you should know the card inside out,and act according to the guide lines

ie only fire aimed shots,do not fire anymore shots than necessary,take all reasonable precaution not to injure anyone other than your target blaa blaa blaa, act outside the card and the **** hits the fan :good: BB

All they did wrong in my opinion was get caught :yes: one less dirty little wrag head trying to kill or injure,i can live with that :big_boss: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

Yes Jsp398A (rules of engagement card) issued to all troops who carry firearms on active duty or guarding/security ops,they are a set of guidelines to operate within to keep you on the correct side of the law,if your in a situation to carry the card you should know the card inside out,and act according to the guide lines

ie only fire aimed shots,do not fire anymore shots than necessary,take all reasonable precaution not to injure anyone other than your target blaa blaa blaa, act outside the card and the **** hits the fan :good: BB

All they did wrong in my opinion was get caught :yes: one less dirty little wrag head trying to kill or injure,i can live with that :big_boss: BB

Where's the like button when you need one... :good:

Example.

Soldiers of the 2nd Battalion, the, had become isolated from their regiment. They occupied and defended a farmhouse against an attack by Waffen-SS forces in the village of Le Paradi.s After running out of ammunition, the defenders surrendered to the German troops. The Germans led them across the road to a wall, and machine-gunned them. Ninety-seven British troops died. Two survived, with injuries, and hid until they were captured by German forces several days later.

After the war, Fritz Knöchlein was located, tried and convicted by a war crimes court, with the two survivors acting as witnesses against

Exactly what point are you making here ???

Edited by Sha Bu Le

My point is that statements like the one above were used by the Nazis to try and justify there executions of prisoners during ww2. I don't see whats hard to understand about that.

Edited by ordnance

Ok maybe the waffen SS considered them to be a continuing threat so shot them out of hand. Only my recollection of history (my recent history) says they were led one by one and shot round the corner of the farmhouse they had occupied.

Doubt if that was the case probably more of a situation where the waffen SS did not want to hold them prisoners and tie up their resourses and manpower, unlikely that was the situation with these RM's but then again?????

At the end of the day if this insurgent or whatever you want to call him was allowed to walk free he would have been back killiing coalition soldiers, assuminfg his injuries were not serious.