Soldiers to be charged

digger

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what the insurgents have done. Murder is distinct from enemy engagement and professional soldiers should behave accordingly. If not they should face the consequences.

And there speaks a man who knows Jack **** about what life on the front line may be like.....

I’m going to step in and defend this chap, what makes us different from the scumbags we fight is that we abide by the rules. We do not distinguish between the enemy and our friends when treating casualties; we treat the neediest first.

If we kill a wounded man in cold blood it is murder, it doesn’t matter who he is or what he has done. As soon as he is unarmed he is no longer a threat. This is taught from day one of basic and before every guard shift or operational commitment.

If our Royals have not abided by the Geneva Convention then they are murderers and should be dealt with as such. It might not be a popular opinion or decision but unless we abide by the ROE then we are as bad as the Taliban.

And this is from a man who knows exactly what it is like to live on the front line and I am positive that every professional intelligent soldier would say the same.

Edited by Miroku_Dave

I’m going to step in and defend this chap, what makes us different from the scumbags we fight is that we abide by the rules. We do not distinguish between the enemy and our friends when treating casualties; we treat the neediest first.

If we kill a wounded man in cold blood it is murder, it doesn’t matter who he is or what he has done. As soon as he is unarmed he is no longer a threat. This is taught from day one of basic and before every guard shift or operational commitment.

If our Royals have not abided by the Geneva Convention then they are murderers and should be dealt with as such. It might not be a popular opinion or decision but unless we abide by the ROE then we are as bad as the Taliban.

And this is from a man who knows exactly what it is like to live on the front line and I am positive that every professional intelligent soldier would say the same.

Theres the correct answer........

Thank you. It's nice to see that not everyone feels a green uniform gives them the right to make their own rules.

I'm not asking for that at all and if any member of the armed forces killed an innocent civilian and I mean (innocent) then they should get the book thrown at them but these scum bags don't even deserve the extra round to put them out of there misery! They kill innocent women and children on a regular day to day basis and blame it on religion which is complete rubbish! They are criminals and terrorists and should be delt with as such!

And if you want to know if I shot any whilst on duty the answer is yes, did I feel any remorse NO! I once ran over an innocent rabbit though and felt guilty as hell!

Royal

I think you live in a fantasy world fella,just by reading this and posts on other forums I think you're definitly a Walter. :hmm:

I also think its worth mentioning whilst service personnel who carry firearms,must be in date on weapon handling tests,have completed there ACMT(annual shoot)and be in date with Judgemental assessement,as well as conversent with Jsp398 A (Roe card)so plenty of training is provided to keep everyone within the ROE,and soldiers are required to administer first aid to All casualtys as taught on annual Matts,

If any of the annual tests are failed by the individual,firearms will not be carried by them until they have carried out extra training and passed the required tests/assessements,so its not as simple as rifle and Roe card and crack on,BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

I quite agree. It does not matter if some of our troops are killed by virue of our crazy rules of engagement, which are far tighter than those employed by our U.S. allies, as long as we can maintain the moral high ground.

Knowing that we put process before human life will undermine the will of Terry Taliban to continue the fight and he will soon surrender to our moral superiority.

Incidentally, has anyone seen a copy of the Talibans Rules of Engagement?

People can only be professional for so long before they realise how much of a bunch of cowards and axxholes these people really are. What sort of people fire at troops whilst surrounded by school kids or get their women to carry their weapons for them. If they have a big enough set to kill coalition forces, women and children they should except its going to catch up with them every so often!

If what they believe is true and there going to a better place after death then surely these soldiers should be thanked?

I'm with you Royal.... :good:

I think you live in a fantasy world fella,just by reading this and posts on other forums I think you're definitly a Walter. :hmm:

Apologies, totally misread this on my phone, thought the Walt comment was aimed at me and reacted a bit quick!

I was starting to think the same by the way :-)

Edited by Miroku_Dave

Dam it you have caught me out I'm actually part of the Taliban! If you can't beat them join them!! Sorry for the slow response but I've just been strapping dynamite to a little 10 year old girl!! God I'm brilliant and all in the name of religion, I hope they have all them virgins waiting for me at the gates!

At the end of the day I've got nothing to prove to anyone, I did more in my 10 years than most ex serving guys did in 22years and no doubt the guys in now have done more in 4 than I did in 10years.

Edited by Marine1980

Well said......also since they believe they will end up in heaven with 69 virgins or whatever....surely it would be more of a crime to stand in the way of their beliefs and stop that happening.

Correct, end of the day this Weasel had read his bit of Koran and committed himself to Alla', they know there is a good chance that their going to die, so why should coalition troops get in their way, But then certain folk on here would have a good winge that the Royals Breeched HIS HUMAN RIGHTS.

The civis on here should join the TA and do a stint out there, and see their opinion change!

Ratus

Dam it you have caught me out I'm actually part of the Taliban! If you can't beat them join them!! Sorry for the slow response but I've just been strapping dynamite to a little 10 year old girl!! God I'm brilliant and all in the name of religion, I hope they have all them virgins waiting for me at the gates!

At the end of the day I've got nothing to prove to anyone, I did more in my 10 years than most ex serving guys did in 22years and no doubt the guys in now have done more in 4 than I did in 10years.

It gets better,and if that's you in your avitar nuff said.

I'm more than happy to send my military details including units served and dates to anyone one that has been and can prove they were in. PM as I won't put them on here.

Also I've just seen the news the 5 lads that are under investigation are from HQ 3 cdo brigade (stone house)and not a fighting unit so Im now finding it even less likely that they did it!

Royal

I'm more than happy to send my military details including units served and dates to anyone one that has been and can prove they were in. PM as I won't put them on here.

"Damn my printer has just ran out of ink,I'll send them to anyone who's interested tomorrow,when I've been to staples" :lol: :lol:

why not ask him his name and find him on facebook................ pretty sure the pics will chage your opinion.........

Oh I forgot,everything on facebook's got to be true.

Edited by jason kaye

Yes with today's current climate it would be very clever to put military pics on there wouldn't it anyway just in case your that bord which you obviously are and I'm sure you can check it somehow:

I was in the QLR in Preston from 97 - 99 and my number was 25106704.

I joined the marines on 14 feb 1999 with troop 781 and left on 12 jan 2009.

Enjoy

A retread-Crowbag :lol:

Hay Jason you have gone all quiet my little friend has your mum called you off the computer for your tea!! Lol

Royal

He'll be plodding down the hi street in his HLS Black sack, and 9 till 5, ready for The Cadets!

Bless the little poppet!!

Ratus

Bit harsh calling someone a Walt without any real evidence, we have outed a few on here in the past, but all Royal was doing was expressing an opinion,he wasn't saying anything that most squaddies say on an average night in the naffi bar.

Right or wrong he is allowed an opinion,it would get boring on here if we all agreed.

Royal has offered his service up for scrutiny ,there are plenty on here that can call on mates serving or past to verify the details,it's not as if he was boasting about being on "the balcony"and if he had I would have seen him there