Todmorden GC

southrop

• 2 weeks later...

I can vouch for Clough Head clay grounds. I shot there a few weeks back and had a great time. The guys that shoot there are a wonderfully friendly and helpful bunch and there are some fairly testing birds that will bring out the best in you. It is well organised and like Gerry says, if you get there a bit early the bacon butties are well worth trying. I would certainly go again or recommend it to anyone!

Lsb if you feel like going up to cloughhead pm me ill take you up I only live a couple of miles away and have been shooting there over 20 years

Cheers Gerry - I'm only in Middleton, so it's only a hop away from me. i'll PM your shortly as there may be a couple of mates who'd like to tag along.

I can vouch for Clough Head clay grounds. I shot there a few weeks back and had a great time. The guys that shoot there are a wonderfully friendly and helpful bunch and there are some fairly testing birds that will bring out the best in you. It is well organised and like Gerry says, if you get there a bit early the bacon butties are well worth trying. I would certainly go again or recommend it to anyone!

Thanks Frenchie - can't beat firsthand recommendations of a site.

Lock, Stock and Barrel - If you are only in Middleton then Clough Head Clay Grounds is well worth a visit as it's not "a million miles away from you" - You could do a lot worse on a Sunday Morning! It seems that there are a few on this thread than might be interested so why not arrange a bit of a meet up there at some time, I for one would be up for it!

As an alternative, our club is having a clay shoot at Milnrowe on 11th November which all are welcome to. I have to be honest and say that our grounds are not as well organised as Clough Head but we do have a really good time and like a bit of a laugh and a joke with plenty of banter - As those members that have visited our clay shoots will verify.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will give them the details.

Edited by Frenchieboy

Lock, Stock and Barrel - If you are only in Middleton then Clough Head Clay Grounds is well worth a visit as it's not "a million miles away from you" - You could do a lot worse on a Sunday Morning! It seems that there are a few on this thread than might be interested so why not arrange a bit of a meet up there at some time, I for one would be up for it!

As an alternative, our club is having a clay shoot at Milnrowe on 11th November which all are welcome to. I have to be honest and say that our grounds are not as well organised as Clough Head but we do have a really good time and like a bit of a laugh and a joke with plenty of banter - As those members that have visited our clay shoots will verify.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will give them the details.

Again, very good of you Frenchie - my sister lives in Milnrow, so another excuse to have a shoot and pop in an see her - result! :)

We're shooting at Worsley this afternoon if you're up for it - I'll PM you my number.

Cheers,

Bren.