Are there big cats wild in Great britain today?

tiercel

Are there big cats wild in Great britain today?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you belive it?

• YES
    • NO
    • Have yet to be convinced.

I voted no. Since the Dangerous Wild Animal Act came into force in 1976 all big cats legally held in the UK have to be licensed and accounted for, so for there to be big cats in the wild now, they would either; have to be 40 years old, or the trade in illegal big cats is thriving. The only other way is for there to be a breeding population of cats in the wild and I think if they were breeding we'd see a lot more of them.

your argument assumes they are not indigineous

Its probably pointless to argue with someone who posted on 18th September 2006.

Im not arguing but you noticed my reply, so it seems fair to assume that he too may, especially as he is still active on the site, last logging on yesterday

Edited by fullbore

I voted yes because I have friends that swear on their kids lives that they have seen them. I trust these people, and have no reason to doubt them. However, these animals are very few and far between, and may live in dense, unpopultaed areas.

As to the comment about wouldn't we notice them about, well why do you think so many people claim they have, and with physical evidence having been found and Armed police teams having gone looking for said "Big cats" on the basis of a zoo expert confirming prints. I would say the likely hood is there are out there somewhere.

How many hill farmers lose sheep each year, believing them to have fallen into the ravines, streams, rivers! Have they really or have they been eaten.

Also it wasn't that long ago that the european eagle owl was found to still be in Britain up in Yorkshire and has now spread to certain parts of the country. (Before anyone says it, yes I know they fly and could have therefore come from across the North Sea or English Channel).

SS

I think you can guess which way i voted but i was nearly swayed into changing my mind with evidence like"my mate swears he seen one so there must be" and lots of other "proof".Some people believe in everything and will probably end up in a sect, living in a barn worshipping a turnip that looks like a god!!

I think you can guess which way i voted but i was nearly swayed into changing my mind with evidence like"my mate swears he seen one so there must be" and lots of other "proof".Some people believe in everything and will probably end up in a sect, living in a barn worshipping a turnip that looks like a god!!

Despite the evidence from police and animal experts posted in the other thread you posted in and you still insist you have seen no evidence.

How did you ever learn anything? After all, your teachers only told you things were so and you believed them didn't you?

Despite the evidence from police and animal experts posted in the other thread you posted in and you still insist you have seen no evidence.

How did you ever learn anything? After all, your teachers only told you things were so and you believed them didn't you?

You really are mr gullable arent you!Read your own posted thread there isnt any evidence to prove they exist and they even state that!!."An animal escapes and the police capture it"HOW on earth do you conclude from that statement that there is an indgineous population of big cats living here.As for how i learned anything it wasnt by listening to people like you who seem to believe anything because it hasnt been prooved that it isnt so.Going on your logic there is a flock of invisible elephants living in a field at the bottom of my garden,now no-one can see them,but no one can provide proof they dont exist either so going on your logic they must exist.

ps..come and visit me,wear an orange robe,shave your head and pay me £5000 and i will show you the elephants :unsure:

You really are mr gullable arent you!

I suppose if I accept the words of police and wildlife experts with evidence then yes I am

Read your own posted thread there isnt any evidence to prove they exist

see above

and they even state that!!."An animal escapes and the police capture it"

Now who's gullible, it seems when you read anything you want to believe you will. and likewise if you don;t believe it you will poo poo it, a reasoned approach? I dont think so

.Going on your logic there is a flock of invisible elephants living in a field at the bottom of my garden,now no-one can see them,but no one can provide proof they dont exist either so going on your logic they must exist.

ps..come and visit me,wear an orange robe,shave your head and pay me £5000 and i will show you the elephants

What a mature approach, I bet you shout a lot as well don't you, kindly do not patronise me

Don't know if any members seen the Documentary a while back of a South African Tracker, who came to the UK to try & solve this once & for all. On the program, a Policeman had taken his camcorder with him, & his family while out for a picnic.

What he took was pretty convincing evidence of a large black cat, panther like, crossing a field in the middle of the day. The film was clear, weather sunny, & you could easily make out the cat, with it's long, thick tail. All the family members witnessed this.

To many people from all walks of life have seen what they believe to be Large Cats, could be an explanation for some sightings, but not all of them.

I for one believe Big Cats are out there, but not in any great numbers.

BJ.

Just clicked on Evilv link; http://www.britishbigcats.org/evidence.php

It's in black & White it's happened,

BJ.

Edited by Bazooka Joe

Don't know if any members seen the Documentary a while back of a South African Tracker, who came to the UK to try & solve this once & for all. On the program, a Policeman had taken his camcorder with him, & his family while out for a picnic.

What he took was pretty convincing evidence of a large black cat, panther like, crossing a field in the middle of the day. The film was clear, weather sunny, & you could easily make out the cat, with it's long, thick tail. All the family members witnessed this.

To many people from all walks of life have seen what they believe to be Large Cats, could be an explanation for some sightings, but not all of them.

I for one believe Big Cats are out there, but not in any great numbers.

BJ.

Just clicked on Evilv link; http://www.britishbigcats.org/evidence.php

It's in black & White it's happened,

BJ.

The trappers were canadian and this is what they saidVisit My WebsiteBearing in mind these people are experts and make a living chasing big cats,but hey as the reporters say dont let the facts get in the way of a good storey!!

I suppose if I accept the words of police and wildlife experts with evidence then yes I am

see above

Now who's gullible, it seems when you read anything you want to believe you will. and likewise if you don;t believe it you will poo poo it, a reasoned approach? I dont think so

.Going on your logic there is a flock of invisible elephants living in a field at the bottom of my garden,now no-one can see them,but no one can provide proof they dont exist either so going on your logic they must exist.

ps..come and visit me,wear an orange robe,shave your head and pay me £5000 and i will show you the elephants

What a mature approach, I bet you shout a lot as well don't you, kindly do not patronise me

In all my posts I have never once insulted or ridiculed you just because you have a different point of view to mine, in fact I will defend unto death your right to have that, but I will remind you your POV is the same as those who believed the world was flat because "there was no proof"

see above

In all my posts I have never once insulted or ridiculed you just because you have a different point of view to mine, in fact I will defend unto death your right to have that, but I will remind you your POV is the same as those who believed the world was flat because "there was no proof"

The world and technology has moved on a bit since we thought the world was flat.Have a look on the big cat websites,you could replace the words "big cats" for "alien craft"and it would read more or less the same as the ufo sites!They both have a vein running through them that the government,police and mod are involved in a huge cover up indeed some of the big cats sites believe that these big cats ARE mystical ghost like creatures!!The chap in the documentary"Danny nineham"is supposed to be one of the experts on big cats in the uk and was described as a bit of a nutter by 2 people who have made a living trapping REAL big cats and none of the so called evidence he showed them pointed to the existence of big cats,indeed they said the carcasses he showed them were dog attacks and nothing to do with cats.So who do you believe an eccentric bloke who travels around in his camper van looking for lions in the british countryside or 2 experts with 45 years of experiance between them of hunting big cats.

I'll tell you who he'll believe BB and it will be the nutter,

I have trouble looking at these threads as all I want to do is argue but its futile, the same people believe we have aliens amongst us, that the US government blew up the twin towers etc etc. On the interweb you can make up evidence and become an expert and no one questions your supposed evidence

The trappers were canadian and this is what they said<a target="_blank" href="http://www.scottishbigcats.co.uk/englishnews242.htm">Visit My Website</a>Bearing in mind these people are experts and make a living chasing big cats,but hey as the reporters say dont let the facts get in the way of a good storey!!

Err........Beg to differ BlackBart, this trapper was South African, you obviously never seen this program. It started out showing him tracking in South Africa, talking about the Big Cats, & what to look for when he came to the UK.

I seen the one you are on about, yes he was a Canadian, the other bloke if my memory serves me right was British.

BJ.

The world and technology has moved on a bit since we thought the world was flat.

yes but the premise is the same

The chap in the documentary"Danny nineham"is supposed to be one of the experts on big cats in the uk and was described as a bit of a nutter by 2 people

so how come you choose only to believe these 2 people whose names you don't even know, but when people are told by friends they trust you choose ot to believe, or is it again just because they are not saying what you want to hear. I will remain open minded even if someones views are 180 degrees away from mine

So who do you believe an eccentric bloke who travels around in his camper van looking for lions in the british countryside or 2 experts with 45 years of experiance between them of hunting big cats.

So on the strenght of these two "experts" who have hunted god knows where you are basing your stand, but the experts fielded by the police and wildlife officers and the names of the scientists I have provided you with before you choose to ignore repeatedly. I am not basing my judgement on Danny Nonehams opinion so to quote him was futile except you maybe thought it "proved" your argument plus it let you ignore the evidence and link to it I provided you with earlier

I'll tell you who he'll believe BB and it will be the nutter,

I have trouble looking at these threads as all I want to do is argue but its futile, the same people believe we have aliens amongst us, that the US government blew up the twin towers etc etc. On the interweb you can make up evidence and become an expert and no one questions your supposed evidence

I don't believe the nutter, neither do I believe in aliens or the conspiracy theories/ I suppose someone made up the Police officer, whose photo was posted on the link I supplied and could be easily verified/

Fact. Big cats werre released into the countryside following the dangerous wild animals act, ANY authority will verify this.

I do not believe the cats are ghosts nor have they been delivered by flying saucer. I'll tell you what. I am willing to make a wager for real money that within a time frame agreed by us all that proof will be supplied. Are you and BB prepared to back up your beliefs with real money? I am

Err........Beg to differ BlackBart, this trapper was South African, you obviously never seen this program. It started out showing him tracking in South Africa, talking about the Big Cats, & what to look for when he came to the UK.

I seen the one you are on about, yes he was a Canadian, the other bloke if my memory serves me right was British.

Wow even the best of us can get our facts wrong it seems, but then again I suppose if you dont fully research your argument thats what you get by quoting facts you are not sure of

I would love to say i've seen one, i never have been able to say "yes" that was a puma,leopard or whatever but i am 100% certain they are out there. I have seen things i can't explain, and spoken to people(who i know and trust) who have seen these cats whithout any doubt in their minds as to what they were seeing. I am one of the most sceptical people on earth (according to my better half and my mates) but after spending nearly half a century in the countryside i know they are there, i just would like to see one.(but not too close).