Well here goes....

NorfolkBoy

Need to vent....

Tuesday pm. New Jersey USA ( Land of the free, Home of the Bureuacrat)

Just back from my local Police HQ having submitted my application for a New Jersey firearms id card. Talk about red tape.... fingerprinting session, detective interview, three forms in triplicate plus a mental health examination by a Doctor...... plus arranging three charachter references and have their signatures witnessed by a notary public ....

Now a 13 week wait to see if they approve it..... they'd better...

Rant over, feel much better

At least they are taking things seriously then... I'd be happy if they did something similar over here to be honest as that sort of level of checking _should_ have prevented hungerford. Ok, part of it might be due to NB coming from Norfolk, but it might be them just trying to be safe.

Either way, good luck with it NB! What are you planning on getting when it comes through?

Flytie: The Right to Bear Arms.....? Sure! But in NJ you don't automatically have the right to PURCHASE firearms.... clever loophole devised by the wet liberals to do their bit for gun control without actually trampling on our constitutional rights.

Il Cacciatore: This is definitely UNREAL America.

Wookie: Thanks, I'll be after a Beretta Diamond Pigeon Sporter :good: , I didn't bother applying for the handgun permit..... I can always get one 'off ticket' at my local crack house if the mood takes me.

My wifes freind lives over their in New Jersey and yes, it is one of the harder states to buy a firearm. :/

The easiest places apparently are, Texas, Florida and Arizona. But, aftyer 9-11, things have gone a-wall. :good:

I have a father that lives in Culumbus Ohio, ans its a 2 week wait their, with ditective interveiw aswell.

Frank.