Express chasse pigeon special

Hi chaps has anyone tried Express chasse pigeon special 29gm 5.5 .

My nearest gun shop is selling them at £170 per 1000 , and as I'm running low on shells i thought i might give them a try .

Can anyone recommend them ( i thought they will do for pheasant as well ).

Cheers.

Hitman.

Edited by the hitman

Iv had the 6s also, would buy some more if I could find a stockist .......

not used the 5.5 but 6's, absolutely brilliant shell imho, hard hitting, pattern really well so good for those long ones. :good: My beretta semi doesn't cycle well with them though, it prefers the 70mm shell cases. Perfect in the o/u though. :good:

Agreed, they are an EU size 6, so a UK size 5. That's why they kill so well.

JC only list the Lyavale pigeon specials. The last few slabs I've bought have been the Chasse, 29grms only because they didn't have 30grm 6's pigeon specials. No difference in performance, both superb IMO :good:

We don't get the good rates that others have around the country as the south is so expensive from all angles. I don't blame the retailers, the costs to them to run businesses down here are vastly different to maybe scotland, And I know it sounds a little glib, but if we don't pay a reasonable price to enable them to keep going, we will end up paying a huge amount more further down the line.

Rakers have always provided me with an excellent service, have a large stock of stuff to pick up, look at etc. When these shops go, so will all of that :yes:

Edited by turbo33

I understand what your saying, I just think its a bit harsh, JC were selling some bargain cartridges, Rakers bought them all and stuck another £50 on them ......

I know mate, but thats just business, he saw a bargain and potential for better profit margin. I was talking to the boss Sam a while ago and the figures he was quoting of money paid out for stock, especially shells would make your eyes water and hard if not impossible to sleep at night!! I don't think the profit on shells is much at all so I can see where he is coming from too. Business wise its a no brainer.

It is amazing how it does vary round the country though, especially HMR shells. There can be as much as 30% difference from county to county. I don't know, but expect centre fire do too. The thing I find a shocker is how much the so called country stores sell cartriges for :o :o

Edited by turbo33

I know mate, but thats just business, he saw a bargain and potential for better profit margin. I was talking to the boss Sam a while ago and the figures he was quoting of money paid out for stock, especially shells would make your eyes water and hard if not impossible to sleep at night!! I don't think the profit on shells is much at all so I can see where he is coming from too. Business wise its a no brainer.

It is amazing how it does vary round the country though, especially HMR shells. There can be as much as 30% difference from county to county. I don't know, but expect centre fire do too. The thing I find a shocker is how much the so called country stores sell cartriges for :o :o

Very true, from a business perspective, a nice little earner..........