Workin in a antis house

Grundog

Are we really clinging on to the well heeled part of my post? is that all that is left? I only threw that part in for effect and because of the fact that most commercial shoots are only affordable by the well heeled.. One of my acquaintainces who beats on a shoot over in Penrith gets picked up in a Range Rover Overfinch with what must be 50 grands worth of walnut furniture built into the luggage compartment to store the Cristal Champaigne!

Soooooo take the last seven words off your sentence if it makes you feel better!

Alex... have a good shoot... sounds like it will a good day out for all. :good:

no its not just that I think as a shooting community we should stick together and support all forms of shooting even if you don't like it

I think there's one guarantee if reared game shooting was banned then most other forms of shooting would follow down the pan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the best way to end this thread is who is out on driven game this weekend?

I am,on our local little syndicate in the Eden Valley.This is our first since 'keeper retired,so will be interesting to see how many birds we have left as we're now doing the 'keepering ourselves.

On the downside I have little sloe gin left,but on the upside have gallons of damson gin!We'll be dining at tiffin time in a draughty haulage contractors garage,troughing on soup,sarnies,pies and crisps.....it's a tough life,but someone's gotta do it!

No Land Rover Overfinches on our shoot,bit think I may know the people Vipa refers to near Penrith,especially if they're associated with a well known pop group who love a day at driven pheasant and 'grice'!

Whatever you're shooting this weekend,have a good un. :good:

no its not just that I think as a shooting community we should stick together and support all forms of shooting even if you don't like it

I think there's one guarantee if reared game shooting was banned then most other forms of shooting would follow down the pan

I give up...

I will just take my opinions and feelings and throw them in the bin and just share yours... that ok? feel better now?

I used to beat for a family shoot where the beaters were far better dressed than the guns.the previous description could be a dead ringer for one of the guns who worked at Christies. His cap had a split up the back, his breeks were darned in several places and his coat was tied with bailer twine.We admired his gun and he told us it was a christening present given to his grandfather, a Holland and Holland

I give up...

I will just take my opinions and feelings and throw them in the bin and just share yours... that ok? feel better now?

I think if you want to secure your prefered type of shooting for many years to come then you should support all forms

There a couple of types of shooting im a little uneasy emwith but I would give them my full support

Edited by glen fox