AA tx200 hc vs hw97 kt synthetic blued

Ryan gun

AA vs HW  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Wich one would you choose please state the pros and cons

• AA tx200 hc
    • HW 97kt synthetic blued

About 3/4 of the underleavers I see at HFT events are 97s. That tells you something about the accuracy. As for builf quality, the HW has better blueing and is infinately tuneable - mine is an early 97 but still cloverleafs pellets at 35 yards IF I am up to it.

I am thinking of seling my other rifles as I find it frustrating to shoot them after using the tuned 97.

The AA is a very good gun too. You won't go wrong with either, but I prefer the Weirauch.

Why not visit your local club, have a go on both and see which you prefer.

I voted AA because I don't like synthetic stocks and the TX is a good looking gun - and British. There is probably very little difference in accuracy or build quality so when it comes down to it I'd rather support UK businesses than German. Saying that, you should go for the one thst feels most comfortable to use.

The HW's do need fettling to get the best out of them, but by goodness they ain't arf good when you've done it tho...

I'm not a huge fan of synthetics either so I'd actually say get a normal 97k, get it tuned and head off to the folk at Customstocks to give it the woodwork it deserves. If only Weihrauch got their stocks from Minelli like AA do....

On the other hand the TX is very nice too. I have both and wouldn't part with either.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted AA because I don't like synthetic stocks and the TX is a good looking gun - and British. There is probably very little difference in accuracy or build quality so when it comes down to it I'd rather support UK businesses than German. Saying that, you should go for the one thst feels most comfortable to use.

Only one snag with that - the TX has a German barrel and an Italian stock. So assembled in England might be a better description! ;)

@Ryan gun

Both are excellent guns - I've got a 97 and my son-in-law has a TX. I've got to admit the TX out of the box seemed to have a smoother action, but there's nothing between them otherwise. Not a fan of synthetics though, so on a looks basis with wood vs synthetic I'd have to vote for the TX