Ssangyong Rexton 2.7 td

biketestace

After asking the question regarding "to lpg or not to lpg" iv taken on board some really good points,im not going to cover mega miles so has anyone had one of the Rexton 4x4s ? I need this size car to cover a few different things.............. To carry all my fishing gear,taking out the dogs and to use during the winter in snow ! Your opinions would be great,bta

My uncle has a musso it's predecessor they have the 2.5 5 cylinder sprinter engine are very good and were much cheaper new than equiv disco or shogun the only issue can be parts as ssangyong has gone iirc the musso was also sold as a daewoo in the UK

Yes I have had one. Engine was great,but the transmission was a real problem. The transfer box failed at 120000. Ended up taking the front prop off and driving it as a 2 wheel drive. After waiting 12 months for spare parts from the far east I gave up and traded it in for an Isuzu pickup. Now on my second Isuzu. Great motors. You also need to make sure that the dif oil is changed every 40000 otherwise they grind like hell. The engine might be OK, but that is where it stops. mind you I think that Merc has had the same transmission probs. Reality is not many peoplereally use the off road side, but when you do that seems to be when they struggle. The Isuzu is built like a truck, but drives like a car.

I am a ssangyong tech and work on these most days. It is a merc 2.7 lump and drive terrain. Common faults are abs probs, Propshafts and exhausts. Engine and box seem bulletproof tbh. They dont hold there money very well at all so second hand can be picked up for not a lot of money at all. We can also get most parts next day so thats not really a problem like it was.

I am a ssangyong tech and work on these most days. It is a merc 2.7 lump and drive terrain. Common faults are abs probs, Propshafts and exhausts. Engine and box seem bulletproof tbh. They dont hold there money very well at all so second hand can be picked up for not a lot of money at all. We can also get most parts next day so thats not really a problem like it was.

To rite about the depriciation,i was hoping to pick up a 50,000 ml 06-07 for under 6k,pm me if you can & offer further advise please :good: Thanks everone for honest advise,BTA Edited by biketestace

Had a rodius for about 4 years used it to transport my mobility scooter about. It had only done 27000 miles when it developed a fault with the auto gear selector. Local dealer was no help at all I was told it would be about £2000 to put right. My brother who use to work on range rover auto gear systems sorted it for 20p. I was so disgusted with the way I had been treated I traded it in for a new c4 grand piccaso airdream done about 1400 miles in it over the last five weeks and it beats the rodius hands down in every way doing about 53mpg on a tight engine and it is a dream to drive.