Advise Please Guys

CoolhandMal

My son has on his ticket .17 HMR and .22 Rimfire,is he then allowed to purchase .222/223 rifles based on the fact that he is authorised for a .22?its all confusing to us and a little guidance would be helpful to say the least.

BR

Mal

Please don't take this the wrong way but i really can't believe some people are issued with a FAC with no knowledge of what they are shooting, how did you fill in the application if you don't understand calibres?

Fair play for asking questions but surely this would be better done before the application is made

My son has on his ticket .17 HMR and .22 Rimfire,is he then allowed to purchase .222/223 rifles based on the fact that he is authorised for a .22?its all confusing to us and a little guidance would be helpful to say the least.

BR

Mal

.222/.223 are center fire rifles .22lr/rf are rim fire rifles if your tickets says ,22rf or .22lr then thats what you can go and buy,

some say if it says .22rf you can go get a wmr which you could but i would check with your feo before you do mate

colin

.222/.223 are center fire rifles .22lr/rf are rim fire rifles if your tickets says ,22rf or .22lr then thats what you can go and buy,

some say if it says .22rf you can go get a wmr which you could but i would check with your feo before you do mate

colin

Why is there this obsession with checking with the police when something is absolutely, crystal clear? An authority to acquire which says '.22rf' means just that and a .22WMR is a .22rf so why the need to check? I mean, what is going to happen?

J.

Please don't take this the wrong way but i really can't believe some people are issued with a FAC with no knowledge of what they are shooting, how did you fill in the application if you don't understand calibres?

Fair play for asking questions but surely this would be better done before the application is made

And I suppose before you walked into this great country pursuit of ours you fully loaded yourself with all the knowledge you had read up prior to getting your FAC?

My son has come up from Airgunning and needs to learn as much as he can about ammo etc thus,asking me to write on this forum for him to ask more experienced members for their valued advice,

Put that in your pie and smoke it Clever Clogs.!

And I suppose before you walked into this great country pursuit of ours you fully loaded yourself with all the knowledge you had read up prior to getting your FAC?

My son has come up from Airgunning and needs to learn as much as he can about ammo etc thus,asking me to write on this forum for him to ask more experienced members for their valued advice,

Yes that's right. After shooting airgun for years and learning some fieldcraft I starting getting involved with a local shoot that then lead to getting my SGC. However I spent many hours researching the different calibres and their capabilities before I even considered applying for my FAC even though I had hands on experiance through going out with other FAC holders.

I'm not trying to be clever and don't claim to be an expert, it just suprised me that your FEO felt comfortable granting the FAC to someone who doesn't understand the difference between rimfire and centerfire, no personal offence intended

I think he needed to learn more about firearms in general before he applied for his FAC, there wouldnt be any confusion if he knew/learned more in the first instance if he doesnt know the difference between rimfire and centerfire then he doesnt deserve to have either

How old is your son? - if he intends to purchase an Section 1, then clearly he would be old enough to be permitted - so why can he not ask the question on an internet forum? My lad is 11 and he knows the difference between my Rimfire and centrefire rifles, - he also knows about the different guage shotguns.

Calm down chap.

The fact is a lot of your questions/responses don't really seem to add up to many shooters!

I have to say that I am more than intrigued now to see your Video of a fox brush (another thread) being turned completely inside out in preparation for curing.

What have you been shooting all these foxes with?

Calm down chap.

The fact is a lot of your questions/responses don't really seem to add up to many shooters!

I have to say that I am more than intrigued now to see your Video of a fox brush (another thread) being turned completely inside out in preparation for curing.

What have you been shooting all these foxes with?

Over the passed 40 years,I have been hunting with dogs,snaring,shooting with Shotguns and making occasional road kill collections.

Like I said earlier,if successful on this evenings outing,I shall put a clip on here showing my "unheard of ,hard to believe"method for skinning a tail,probably put the full process on YouTube though.

Oh..and I apologies for a poor education chaps.!

Over the passed 40 years,I have been hunting with dogs,snaring,shooting with Shotguns and making occasional road kill collections.

Like I said earlier,if successful on this evenings outing,I shall put a clip on here showing my "unheard of ,hard to believe"method for skinning a tail,probably put the full process on YouTube though.

Oh..and I apologies for a poor education chaps.!

Lets be clear here, I have made no comment on your education and I am not chucking mud, I have simply made the point that some of your comments don't seem to add up.

I certainly don't know it all and I am very interested to learn how to turn a fox tail completely inside out, look forward to the video!

How old is your son? - if he intends to purchase an Section 1, then clearly he would be old enough to be permitted - so why can he not ask the question on an internet forum? My lad is 11 and he knows the difference between my Rimfire and centrefire rifles, - he also knows about the different guage shotguns.

Answers in proper order:

Son 26yrs 1 month

He has a Section 1

Not all people feel the need to join a forum or any other?

Why has your son not joined this forum then if he is as advanced as you make out??

My son has been shooting shotguns,airguns since knee height,perhaps unlike your son he has an inexperienced dad when it comes to FAC matters?

Oh and as for your latest post,the firearms officer was obviously very satisfied with his application.

Hope all helps.

Answers in proper order:

Son 26yrs 1 month

He has a Section 1

Why has your son not joined this forum then if he is as advanced as you make out??

My son has been shooting shotguns,airguns since knee height,perhaps unlike your son he has an inexperienced dad when it comes to FAC matters? Is that a quote, whos?

Oh and as for your latest post,the firearms officer was obviously very satisfied with his application.

Hope all helps.

Answers in proper order:

Son 26yrs 1 month

He has a Section 1

My son has been shooting shotguns,airguns since knee height,perhaps unlike your son he has an inexperienced dad when it comes to FAC matters?

Hope all helps.

My son is 11 and a member -so wind it in.

My last post was in reference to YOU asking the SAME question last month! - 26 and daddy having to find things out for him? hmm.

-I think I will leave " IT "out for a bit longer!!

-Repeating myself,No not me mate,er...Maybe it's the old age kicking in,er.....Maybe it's the old age kicking in,er......Maybe it's the old age kicking in,er......Maybe it's the old age kicking in.

-I like to think that when he is 66 he will still need my help,where i come from that's what fathers are for.

To be fair, I ask my dad for a lift with something heavy or to look after the kids. Don't think I've ever asked him to surf the web for something.

I think the application should of been denied, I posted about the lack of knowledge and people been granted facs earlier in the year.