Please sign..SAS man jailed.

barrelsniffer

Small point to correct you jackinthebox99 the Glock wasnt in a normal plastic gun case or Glock case but a widely used Pelican case. At no point is it expressed in the documents that he knew what was in said Pelican case. I think for his story to work you need to buy into the memory loss issue that the medical opinion seems happy with and the prosecution never queried. I think he had more to answer on the ammo than the handgun but thats just my opinion ;)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe when his memory improves a little he'll get some lucrative 'all action' TV shows too, like Andy McNoob?

Talking of Andy McNabb, if he's so keen to hide his identity, how come in all of his TV shows you get everything from moderately blurry full view shots to cringeworthy close ups of his fizzog?

Surely a determined Al Queda-ist with Photoshop on his computer could build a life size model out of dear old Andy without too much trouble?

Small point to correct you jackinthebox99 the Glock wasnt in a normal plastic gun case or Glock case but a widely used Pelican case. At no point is it expressed in the documents that he knew what was in said Pelican case. I think for his story to work you need to buy into the memory loss issue that the medical opinion seems happy with and the prosecution never queried. I think he had more to answer on the ammo than the handgun but thats just my opinion ;)

Cheers, good point there. So, he could have just taken the pelican case out of the kit bag, not checked it and put it on the top shelf of the cupboard. Personally i know if that was me id have checked to see what was in it before deciding where to put the item.

Your right on the ammo - that was in a see-thru plastic box, so he cant really say "i didnt see what was in it" - and maybe thats why he decided to put it under the bed rather than on the top shelf in the cupboard. Strange how nearly all the reports in the press i read seemed to forget about the ammo and said that the gun was found in a locked box which he hadnt touched since 2007. Either way, in getting 6 months for both items he was doing very well compared to his colleague who got 2 years.

This case just annoys the hell out of me, when you read the court transcript you realise how fair it was then you see how it was twisted by the media and it makes a complete mockery of the whole system. The military needs a proper kick up the backside as this is a classic way guns and other hardware get on the streets.

Well said.

He is presented as a hero, albeit one who steals ammunition and forgets his gun. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Because he's the hero england deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector.