IR torch for rimfire

bighit1985

Im looking to setup a DIY nightvision for my rimfire,

So need some help. Ive got the camera side sorted thanks to others on here, but I cant see anyone who has a working IR torch for rimfire range, 50-100 metres.

So is there a torch out there that will do the job.

I dont want to spend a fortune but a good value item is what im looking for,

I dont want to have to tinker with it a huge amount but changing out bulbs I can do. Or is there someone on here that is able to build one for me???

Any advice??

Chap on the ####.com makes some. Look in the illuminator section.

The novice DIY market seems to be buy cheap cameras then spend a wad on IR instead of the other way round which might make it usable for ratting. Then spend more on a better camera after telling everyone how good the cheap one is as they uprate it and some try to sell the cheapo - lol.

If you are looking to shoot 100 meters with it don't buy a cheap camera: Watec 902H is the camera to have for that DIY rig.

EDIT: Seems to be a problem helping you find an answer by visiting night vision uk dot com - perhaps we ought to have our own nv section.

Edited by Dave-G

EDIT: Seems to be a problem helping you find an answer by visiting night vision uk dot com - perhaps we ought to have our own nv section.

I find it easiest to point people over to N V UK as you have done Dave

I put an IR Led torch together with pressure switch for £25.00 - I can easily see rabbits @ 200yds with it on my Pulsar N750 I see eye shine out to 400yds+ -there's a thread about it on the site mentioned including parts used