north mymms park shoot

matty*

I've shot there a few times and have another day booked for later this season, but if I can I'll take another too.

Good bunch there, you have a good day and a good laugh. Don't screw up with low shots, easy birds or shooting birds behind you and you'll really enjoy the place. If you do any of the aforementioned misdeameanors you'll get Peter shouting at you.

Expect a good head of Partridge, some Pheasants and if you are really lucky you may even get a duck or three pushed over you too.

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Danny

thanks for that mate.

im very much looking forward to it and will take on board what you have said im going on the 12th of december.

im in another small DIY syndicate, are birds do fly well but hoping to see better birds and will be nice to be able to pick good birds.

when requesting details i ask on bringing non toxic and the reply was yes as may be a duck drive so fingers crossed. :good:

thanks again

matty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up Nick.

I have contacted Chris and he is now glued to the screen.

It is amazing what can happen when like minded people get together to help someone a little less able to achieve something that was so far off their radar, they thought it could never happen.

Filming like this should be used to help promote our Sport, showing the positives for a change.

Can it be directed to areas of our benefit?, where ever they may be.

Maybe promoted as Pigeon Watch and Field Sports Britain,"put a man in a chair in a field" I am sure the Marketting people out in PW World can word that a lot better than me :lol: :lol: .

A big thank you to Stealth Stalker, Peter Jones, JCB and Field Sports Britain for making Chris's dream come true. :good:

I will get Chris to join Pigeon Watch as soon as possible, and maybe we will get a discount, especially on Perazzi's from his Gun trading business.

I do not think I am allowed to mention the name on here, or am I?

Thanks Terry

Just to let all you guys know as SS has failed to mention.

We had the last ever beaters day there on the 1st Feb.

The shoot is no more and Peter will be moving on, great shame as SS and I loved Beating/Shooting there.

All the best to Mr Peter Jones for the future.

PELTY

Really? Defo going? Thought he was doing one more.

I was there on the last Wednesday shoot and also thought they had one more season - however I was talking to Annie and she mentioned that they had done their sums wrong and miscalculated by a season and that this is (was) the last one.

Very disappointing, I only shot there 4 or 5 times but really enjoyed it and for the money it was a real bargain, easily within most people's reach.

I do hope they get somewhere else for next season and continue with a similar format.

Thats a couple locally that have hit the rocks, there is another giving up not far from that from the rumourmill problems with how much its costing per shot bird and the sums just not adding up. Its a hard game to be in and a real shame when its a decent shoot