Nitemaster 800 christened

grasshopper

Had a busy few days including a call from 1 of the farmers saying "there's a Fox barking like mad in the back field" on Wednesday,no tea for me as i gathered my equipment and headed straight there,only for the Fox to have moved on.Nothing heard and no amount of calling brought it back...did get a skipped heartbeat when a Roe was spotted. :/

Anyways,onto last night.Was going to another farm to sit out as we baited up on Tuesday after a successful bit of lamping and it all went straight away.Too tired and hungry,so took some fresh bait to put out just after dark.

We set up with the clock attached to some and as we left the field,yup,we lamped a Fox that just sat and looked at us unmoved by the white light,although it was 400yds away.

Farmer said " well?" and i replied get out i'm going for the rifle :lol: when i returned he said,do you need me as my tea has just been put out...ha ha yes i do...if i'm going hungry so are you :P

We set up in a building overlooking the area Foxy was spotted and proceeded to try various Fox vocals and squeals,all to no avail even though we had picked the eyes up before even calling but it was over the brow of the hill.

Not again i thought,until Chicken Distress brought him out where he proceeded to sit and watch for at least 12 mins some 280yds away on the brow of the hill still.

The NM800 lit him up clearly and i got a good picture through my Leupold scope on x14mag.I eventually watched him return into the gorse bushes he was sitting outside of and thought,is he going to respond now.

Some 3 minutes later as i checked the field in front which had 6-7 horses in,i picked up 2 really bright eyes in among them which started to move towards us.At last we had a Fox coming to the call some 200yds away.I dropped the bolt to load the rifle and followed it eventually settling on it's chest as it stopped facing us,just as i touched the trigger it moved..phew but luckily it simply took 3 steps and turned side on to face the caller.I was on the bipod on a round bale so really steady and comfy.

Got a loud thump back and job done.

I wasn't happy with the quality of picture through the scope as it was only about 140yds away,then i realized i hadn't returned the parallax from the longer distance Fox seen earlier,DOH :blush:

SS100530.jpg

All in i am impressed with this little torch,although my new Archer is due any day so it may be semi retired already :rolleyes: Once a quick release mount is available for it,this will make it even better still as there's no weight and a good beam :good:

Oh yeah,dropped the farmer at the bottom of his drive to lock the gates and we lamped the original Fox but again it dropped straight into the bushes when the beam hit it...1 for the NV next week i think :yp:Also the bait went at 02.20am...couldn't be early could it :rolleyes:

Nice one Jeff another one accounted for :good: Hows your season going?

To be honest Mark,i haven't really bothered them since my NV has been away.Not set up for solo lamping and trouble getting a lamp man at times.

Just starting on them now as the 800 is so light and yet still powerful enough.

Few about so watch this space :yp: