Inaccurate Weihrauch 77

manton

I will have this gun until Friday when I pick up the new one and will carry out the tests described as I am determined to find out what the problem is with it .I have never seen anything like it before and it presents a sort of challenge. The main reason I did not attempt to examine the inside of the action or

keep the gun was that I paid over the odds for it and was not prepared to buy any replacement parts. Believe it or not I have even used a straight edge to check that the barrel was not bent.

I have rifles that do not suit me.for instance a 97k .20 venom custom.this is a fantastic rifle.my old man in his late 70s standing will out shoot me by inches.I cannot shoot it for toffee as good as it is.then I have lesser rifles fwb 124,bsa supersport ,rws 45 I can shoot very well.I think someone else already said get a buddy to try it..nice to see your still working in the issue.if at first.good luck.

I recovered some pellets from this gun and I was not very impressed as they showed little sign of rifling marks. The gun appears to have a heavy spring fitted as my new one requires only a portion of the effort to cock. I was talking to a friend who has had a 77 since they came on the market and he was telling me that he had installed a heavy spring as the old standard spring was getting tired and accuracy had gone to pot and did not return until he fitted the proper Weihrauch spring again . By the way,the dealer made a mistake and ordered me the carbine rather than the rifle and I now thank heaven he did as the gun balances near perfectly with the scope fitted and the new style stock makes it a joy to shoot. Has anyone ever seen calculations which demonstrate what the most efficient barrel length is for an air rile to ensure maximum accuracy and power.

try moving your scope further down the barrel ,,or closer ,don't have your eye to close to the scope ,2 1/2 to 3 inch is about right ,table and chair by the back door pillows on the table let them do the work of holding the gun,or change the scope ,maybe your not consistently looking straight down the scope but slightly askew .

I know. Just a point here, but typing in really large letters all the time looks like shouting, much like typing in caps does.

It doesn't mean your post gets read more, it just makes you look like you are continually shouting to be taken notice of.

On behalf of all of us with poor eyesight can I please ask that everyone shout on all posts from now on............,,THANKS

Edited by peek-at