.22 hornet mod

cockercas

I am using what looks like a rimmy mod in a 17AH, or I think its a rimmy one. Lovelly and light and it works well, has been proofed as well. Will try and have a look what make it is over the weekend, think this is probably it;

http://jacksonrifles.../SAK-manual.pdf

Will try and confirm when I get time, there is absolutely no need for a huge great T8 lump.

A

Edited by Alycidon

I have a T12 scout on mine. it cost a fair bit but part of why i chose a Hornet was the reduced report so why not make the best of a strong point in the calibre. Its quieter than the far larger T8 i have and is factually harder to hear the report over my old HMR with a SAK

A T4 works well on mine Joe.

Give redbecks shooting supply's a bell.

I had my hornet RFD transferred to his shop and he said he had the correct mod for one if I was interested. Worth a phone call.

Of course he did. He sells mods and wanted you to buy one. I live @ a mile from there and know the shop well.

Sak baffles gets burnt out by hmr so I wouldn't of thought that it would last long.

I thought that too until someone pointed out that the sak is rated for a hornet on the sak website. I have been shooting my 17 hornet on it and have no problems. Even if i burn it out, i can buy 5 saks for the proce of one dm80.

Rick

Was reading a post earlier and the lad said the sak lasted a few hundred rounds on his hornet but was fit for the bin after that. He recommended a jls stalker mk 2. Under 100 notes and profed for cf works well and half the size of the t8.

All the best Karl