Very frustrating

Actionpigeons

I have a small farm that borders on to 1,000 acres I shoot.

The farm just has a few fields that the farmer grows feed on and the rest of the farm he raises pigs on, some free range.

One of the fields he has, he has grown barley on. As the ground was and still is to wet to combine it is still standing There has got to be a flock of well over 1,000 pigeons feeding on it and pulling in more every day.

The farmer knows me, and always puts his hand up when he sees me. So although I know he is a bit anti gun and has never let anyone shoot it, I thought it would be worth calling in and asking if I could shoot over the barley field. All smiles when he seen me coming up his drive, so I thought I would be in with a chance.

After passing the time of day talking about the weather and so on, I said

“I see you have a field of corn you haven’t managed to get off there George,”

"Yes I could do with it as well, I would use it for bedding if nothing else as the pigs love it with the ears on”

Now is my chance I thought, “ not be many ears left with all those pigeons on it, any chance of shooting them George”

As soon as I asked the question it was a no. “No, don’t like guns” he said

Oh well can’t win them all.

The only thing I can do is wait for a day when the wind is in the right direction and shoot from a small wood that borders on to his land and is about 500yrds from the field, and hopefully get them as they flight to the field.

Very, very frustrating :/

Edited by Actionpigeons

It is so sad where the days gone by it would be a delight for a farmer to allow you on for an exchange for a few pigeon for the pot but now .... Shame so sad same as my land next to 400 acres of rape farmer won't let me shoot it so has guns are set up but now there used to it and don't Evan flinch Owe'll gas guns are expensive too ;)