Dogs driving cars

Andy135

Nipper at times on here its like beating your head against a brick wall,

Perhaps so. But I would ask you to consider that you are suggesting a significant curtailment of freedom in the name of the greater good. I have seen nothing in the posts that suggest that a significant improvement could be had in exchange for my loss of freedom.

A breeding licence would only effect the sort of responsible people that would apply for one, it would still be possible for people to farm puppies. Any puppies bred without this licence would not be traceable. As they would be illegal, I feel they would be less likely to be brought forward for veterinary care.

As to the issue of micro chipping I have some concerns as to whether they are safe:

http://www.dogsnatur...microchips-pet/

http://www.washingto...0800997_pf.html

I don't think being concerned over my pets well being makes me irresponsible.

Edited by SneakyD

"in exchange for my loss of freedom."

"significant curtailment of freedom"

Right on Wolfie! Power to the people! (You might not be old enough to remember that programme ?)

http://www.washingto...0800997_pf.html

http://www.dogsnatur...microchips-pet/

Considering the total amount of animals being chipped safely.These two links are both examples of how miniscule the problems would be.

I never asked for a breeding licence.Breed away! But you should care where your pups go and the new owners are reputable.So they wont mind covering the cost of the chip (£15/18).

Of course it wont stop chavs and muppets breeding stray cra* ,but at least when they are picked up they can be cleared up instead of costing money they cant afford.

So I would say SneakyD has been out ores and most agree this is a good idea then?

Freedom is often a minority opinion.

Four-wheel-drive, might I suggest instead of chipping people perhaps we could tattoo a serial number on them, after all this method has already had extensive field trials in Europe.

If it doesnt have a chip .....bye bye Fido

I see you are a dog lover. :rolleyes: Lots of dog charities look after dogs until they are re homed or die. Why stop at dogs why not put down any dogs cats or any wildlife that's found injured. You should give some of the charities a ring see if they have any jobs going you could put down sick and injured animals you would probaly enjoy it.

I see you are a dog lover. :rolleyes: Lots of dog charities look after dogs until they are re homed or die. Why stop at dogs why not put down any dogs cats or any wildlife that's found injured. You should give some of the charities a ring see if they have any jobs going you could put down sick and injured animals you would probaly enjoy it.

Your right ! I am a dog lover got four of my own,health checked, chipped and registered.

But I will not donate if the charity is throwing good money after bad.

Your answer is yet another one of those sarcastic little digs that has no real attempt at a solution in it?

So come on Mr ordnance,what is your answer to the problems of dog rescues being short of cash and full of unwanted dogs?

So come on Mr ordnance,what is your answer to the problems of dog rescues being short of cash and full of unwanted dogs?

There are numerous charities that look after abandoned and unwanted dogs. Name any charity that isn't short of money i don't see the shortage of money as a reason to just put the animals down.

Your answer is yet another one of those sarcastic little digs that has no real attempt at a solution in it?

Solution to what the charities seem to manage OK they ask for money just the same as other charities.

As for micro chipping dogs the law here below.

A new requirement of the legislation from 2nd April 2012 is that to licence a dog, it must be micro-chipped. FREE micro-chipping of dogs is available at participating Veterinary Surgeries within the district (please see below for details) and the Council, in conjunction with Dogs Trust, are offering free micro-chipping at Roadshows within the Borough week commencing 28 November 2011.

Edited by ordnance

As I thought. ??? Your happy to let them struggle on .

I dont donate to dog charities, because My opinion is that a lot of the money is wasted .

The only way for them to free up more cash is to free up more space.

Or you double your donation to them?

I dont donate to dog charities, because My opinion is that a lot of the money is wasted .

You could say that about any charity. I have no problem with dogs being licenced and chipped its the put them down if they are not i would have the problem with.

Follow your logic the charities in Africa should let children die to make room for more children.

"I have no problem with dogs being licenced and chipped its the put them down if they are not i would have the problem with."

In the short term there would be a lot of animals put down.In the long term because more and more dogs would be chipped as puppies, it would be reduced to a minimum once the situation is under control.

How else do you get to a sensible start point.The alternative is a ready supply of stray dogs for the next however many years.

"Follow your logic the charities in Africa should let children die to make room for more children."

Charity begins at home! I do donate to a couple of charities of my choice and they are UK based.

The Africa/world charities are a difficult thread all on their own for many reasons and dont belong on this one.