strangest condition for fac,anthing intresting

Albert 888

The stragest but most practical i heard is 12g slugs for pirates,does anyone else know of any more intresting reasons. Sorry missed the y out in anything.

?????? :hmm: -split my post in two..... see below

Edited by Bloke

My brother worked on RAF Air Sea Rescue boats out of Selitar in Singapore in the 1960s. They were issued shotguns with slug rounds as well as shot, also deck mounted guns and sidearms, in case they met up with pirates on the China Sea. One of the reasons was that, given the flimsy state of many of the pirate's small boats, a 12g slug just below the waterline would hole the boat and give them something more important to consider. A bit overkill really, with a deck mounted .30 Cal ! Less politically correct times.

Edited by Bloke

The stragest but most practical i heard is 12g slugs for pirates,does anyone else know of any more intresting reasons. Sorry missed the y out in anything.

It's funny because this is a little less known side to having section 5 firearms. There are legimite (if somewhat rare) uses for civilians to hold pistols and other sec.5 other than humane disbatch. I mostly think they are to do with high-risk transportation of dangerous goods (Nuclear waste, etc).

A particularly anal FEO put " not to be fired downhill" as a condition on a FAC for a .22 rimfire rifle on our estate. The world was safer as a result of that one. ???

Did he grant you a slot for a theodolite and spirit level to check gradients - idiotic and unworkable - what constitutes a hill?

It's funny because this is a little less known side to having section 5 firearms. There are legimite (if somewhat rare) uses for civilians to hold pistols and other sec.5 other than humane disbatch. I mostly think they are to do with high-risk transportation of dangerous goods (Nuclear waste, etc).

You also need an actualy sec.5 authority though. You can have a pistol for human dispatch on FAC alone because it's an exemption in the Act. There isn't one for personal defence or shooting pirates though, more's the pity!

J.

You also need an actualy sec.5 authority though. You can have a pistol for human dispatch on FAC alone because it's an exemption in the Act. There isn't one for personal defence or shooting pirates though, more's the pity!

J.

That's what I ment I just worded it poorly. Some people hold some pistols for humane dispatch with sect.5 authority that are not covered by the section 1 exemption. I know of at least one person with a .357 pistol for difficult dispatch (His example was a deer stuck in a sewer pipe).

Edited by Bleeh

J.

I am pretty sure you are not going to get human dispatch